Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: att

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Plunjer wrote:
When calling a contact, the dialer screen should display not only the contact's name, but number being dialed as well along with number type (home, mobile etc.)

absolutely. i can never tell which of multiple numbers of the contact i was talking to or missed call. this was default on my old BB

New Contributor
My Carrier: att

Rippa wrote:
If you press and hold on the date line you can also delete everything that is below that date

be careful with this, everything is activesync now and will delete not only on your phone but the server, and it doe NOT go to the trash folder... at least on my non BES email...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon Wirelss

The ability to see more than just the subject line of the email.  Display 1st line, 2 lines or 3 lines.  A subject of an email does not help much when there are a bunch of replies.  All other providers have this option...Blackberry should too being they are the email gurus

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Two big disappointments for me so far I am unable to dial a number directly from my calendar event as well as a website, these are two functions I need to have.

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Remember items - Restore the ability to email the item.

Remember Tasks - Restore ability to set a time for a task.

Holster - create a setting to allow the phone to be removed from the holster and remain locked.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bmobile

romjo wrote:
calendar option for hub

hello,

what do you mean?

I'm just referring to a link to the Calender - like a shortcut

romjo wrote:
Smart email - email memory of recent emailed contacts as well as contact email addresses

This is already available. When I type in a new email, depending on the words in the subject and body, and the recipients I have added, the Z10 will make propositions for other recipients.

I test this daily, if the email is NOT in your contacts but you've emailed them before it wont show up in the universal search (which makes sense) however there's no email "cache" of previously typed emails.

romjo wrote:
Rotation fix in browser. Doesn't return to normal until app is closed and reopened.

I have never had any such issue. Can you give a way to reproduce this behavior with a 100% success ? What is your OS version number ? I have 10.0.10.xxx .

I have not been able to reproduce this 100%, but I believe it happened when i got a call inbetween browsing. Re-launched browser and the screen was landscape had to close it again and re-open for it to be portrait
 OS version 10.0.10.99

romjo wrote:
App task manager to kill background apps

currently there is no background apps in OS 10.0 and OS 10.1. They will be possible in OS 10.2 (they call them "Headless apps"), maybe in OS 10.2 there will be a way to view the list and do some actions like display or kill.

I'm aware of the up and coming background apps in 10.1, but tyhey need to have task manager / memory manager capabilities in it.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

Music Player

- Enable volume buttons to control volume on "Play on" device (e.g. wireless speaker). Current volume control mechanism just isn't obvious.

- It would be nice to have equaliser option.

UI

- Swipe down to close the app completely and return to the home screen, not the active view screen.

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

@scl77 swipe down sometimes referring to different menu I guess it is not possible. Perhaps BlackBerry should find a way to make app closed completely without clicking X from active screen.
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Does anybody have 10.1 running yet? Can you say in the camera upgrade if they have a silent option yet? Couldn't video a piano recital today because I was too embarrassed about the obnoxious beeps.
Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

@dragonbz, I understand that, but you only need to swipe down a bit to bring up the menu, swiping down further should close the app.