Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Hi all,

Couple of little things for me

Video calling outside BBM

LED colour options by contact or accounts ie email, sms etc

Customisable contact labels eg I have someone who has 3 mobile numbers, custom names for each would help so much 

Support for opening rich text in the office app

On the calender I have loads of both days automatically pulled in from social media, no problem but I would like to be able to group them all with the same colour (different accounts show different colours) .

That's prob it for now

Ta

Chris

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

You can change the colours by going into the calendar settings.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

scoobychris wrote:

Video calling outside BBM

Skype.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Z10, HS-700 Headset

Already available on BlackBerry World
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

and www.faceflow.com .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Z10LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Posted this on the Beta Zone Forum as well:

Firstly Let me state that I LOVE the HUB, However nothing is perfect and optimizations can always be made.

The Hub needs to be able to Change accounts panel ordering. Current format: Hub-> Notifications-> BBM->Test Masseages -> Emails->Socials-> Calls->PIN I'd Like to be able to re order these based on how i see fit.
For example i use multiple emails but i mainly use my primary the others are less frequently used. Id like to push those the the bottom of the list. Also i put a higher priority on Social Networks such as Twitter and Facebook ( not a bit linkedin user but i'm sure there are those who are).
since the launch " keep Moving" has been established as the marquee slogan being used to promote BB10. Imagine the increase in productivity from a typical consumer viewpoint if they had access to which accounts they most frequently use when they wanted them.
Its much more effiecient instead of scrolling through the side list if you
One implementation i would suggest is a drag to reorder option in Hub Settings.
Also in regards to scrolling through the Hub Sidebar,
The Over Scroll effect being used currently when pulling down is unnecessary. The menu should Auto Align the Hub option to the top even when pulling down on the menu as the Bottom entry is realigned upon excessing pulling up. there is no need for the extra Black Space it only reduces Screen RealEstate.

Lastly Not sure if Twitter Hub Composition is soley a Twitter implementation or a joined effort but one thing that seems to be missing is the option to compose a Tweet ( not a direct message) from the Hub View directly.
I feel like that feature has been completely missed as everything is in place to implement it. which makes Tweeting from the hub a JOY.
a user shouldnt have to swipe in from the left select twitter then select tweet as the current impletation does. if the user can already select compose, twitter message, why not implent a compose, tweet option from the main Hub view as well?
Just some suggestions to consider.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10LE
My Carrier: Rogers

In regards to Customizable contact labels there is in existing option to add a feild in the case you described adding a phone number feild would be your solution. You can label these feilds a Mobile, Work , Personal via a dropdown selection menu in the contacts card

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

1. A method to respond to text messages while driving. I have a Ford with Sync MFT. I previously had a Windows Phone 7. One of the features I found to be very useful was that, while driving, if I got a text message, it would notify me of the message and speak the person's name, then offer to read the message to me, then ask if I wanted to call or reply. If I said "Reply", I could speak the message, and the system would convert it into text,read it back to me, then send. All without pressing any buttons or looking at any screens. I think the protocol that Microsoft is using for this is called MAP. An alternate method may be to get the Z10's integrated speech recognition to somehow get activated via the car's Bluetooth system.
New Contributor

2. Add a timer to Silent Mode. I often go into meetings, and put the phone on silent, then when the meeting is over, I forget to turn off silent. An hour later I remember, and then discover I've missed a bunch of calls. It would be great if, when activating silent mode, it prompted me for how long to be in silent mode, with a quick drop-down option, or maybe even "For the duration of this meeting", based on the event in my calendar.
New Contributor

3. Make it easier to delete messages. Right now I have to tap several times to delete a message. All other phones I've had have a garbage can icon within the message window, so you can delete it with a single tap. Also, in addition to the 'Select More' option in the menu, it would be handy to also have a 'Select All' option.