Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Movistar Venezuela

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

That the phone doesn't lock during a call.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Blackberry 10 OS and BES 10 a huge deal breaker (sadly...)

If you have a BES10 server, you can manage :

• BlackBerry10 devices (Z10 / Q10 / Q5)
  • PlayBook tablets
  • BlackBerry OS7.1 (and prior) phones
  • Android devices
  • iOS devices

BES5 is not required at all if you have BES10.

On the other hand, for the people who want to test BES10, it is not possible to install BES10 on the same server as an existing BES5 server.

Thanks for the response.  I have two more questions:

• How can we get our non 0S10 phones (Curve 8310's to 9860) to communicate with our BES 10 server?  I have tried several so far with no luck.
  • If we can get the non OS10 phones to work on the BES10 server, will they lose any functionality that they had while connected to the BES5 server?

Does anyone have any answers for my questions above?...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Improve editing of Notes in 'Remember'

I agree with this comment. All text editing on the Z10 is painfully hard and I miss the old trackpad or even the trackwheel, where you could get the cursor anywhere with amazing accuracy and ZERO frustration. This touch screen is borderline ridiculous. If you touch exactly the same spot with exactly the same part of your finger, the screen thinks you hit something different.  And trying to add text at the beginning of Remember, a text message, anything is impossible.  You'll be trying for minutes to get the cursor there... The only way that reliably works is to get close, delete til you're at the beginning of the input field, type the new stuff, and then retype what you had to delete.......

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Improve editing of Notes in 'Remember'

fschutrumpf wrote:

I agree with this comment. All text editing on the Z10 is painfully hard and I miss the old trackpad or even the trackwheel, where you could get the cursor anywhere with amazing accuracy and ZERO frustration. This touch screen is borderline ridiculous. If you touch exactly the same spot with exactly the same part of your finger, the screen thinks you hit something different.  And trying to add text at the beginning of Remember, a text message, anything is impossible.  You'll be trying for minutes to get the cursor there... The only way that reliably works is to get close, delete til you're at the beginning of the input field, type the new stuff, and then retype what you had to delete.......

There are better habits for editing.

When you touch existing text and have the editing circle, touch the right, left, top or bottom of the circle the to move one space right or left or a line up or down to get to the insertion point.

To insert text as you describe, put your cursor at the end of the existing text and hold your finger, the right side popup will include the PASTE function. This is simply one of the easiest functions there is on the Z10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry 10 OS and BES 10 a huge deal breaker (sadly...)

Sierra_69 wrote:

If you have a BES10 server, you can manage :

• BlackBerry10 devices (Z10 / Q10 / Q5)
  • PlayBook tablets
  • BlackBerry OS7.1 (and prior) phones
  • Android devices
  • iOS devices

BES5 is not required at all if you have BES10.

On the other hand, for the people who want to test BES10, it is not possible to install BES10 on the same server as an existing BES5 server.

Thanks for the response.  I have two more questions:

• How can we get our non 0S10 phones (Curve 8310's to 9860) to communicate with our BES 10 server?  I have tried several so far with no luck.
  • If we can get the non OS10 phones to work on the BES10 server, will they lose any functionality that they had while connected to the BES5 server?

Does anyone have any answers for my questions above?...

1) contact your current BES5 support person at RIM, they have a special program to help companies to migrate to BES10. It is part of their job and they will gladly help you.

2) yes with BES10 there are currently some regressions compared to BES5, For example:

• categories for Contacts are not available
  • tasks can have a due date but no due date+time
  • recurrent events without an end date are not handled correctly

Again, the entire list of changes between BES5 and BES10 can be given to you by your RIM contact for your current BES5 support.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: rogers

Answer or end a call by hitting any key on q10 keyboard
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Etisalat Egypt

Bring BIS back to bb10
Contributor
My Device: 9000, 9700, Playbook, 9800, Z10, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv

I agree, but it is not likely to happen is it.

You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my lifeless fingers.
Contributor
My Device: 9000, 9700, Playbook, 9800, Z10, Q10, Classic, Passport, Priv

Allow additoinal SMTP server(s) depending upon own wireless data available.

It does not seem to have made the big list at the start of this thread (refer my first post), but I think this is pretty important now that BIS is not available.

You can have my Blackberry when you pry it from my lifeless fingers.
New Contributor
My Device: BBQ10
My Carrier: EE

Hi nice list, did not find in your list: - emails allowing individual signatures, they always copy them throughout all the email account which is very annoying - switch for language input - when typing always provides three words in Q10 in three languages rather than three different words in one language that you are currently using.