Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Have an audio equalizer, like bass booster ect, the ability to mute the camera shutter noise, option to erase the me and contact name from individual text bubbles, ability to save apps and media all to media card instead screen shots to device and pictures to media card ect,
Overall bb10 is amazing, good job BlackBerry!
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jarrodijzerman, some great apps cover those needs...

Neutron Music Player

Mute Camera Shutter 10 Free - Take pictures without annoying shutter sound

Silent Camera

TapCam Silent

I seriously doubt we'll see true saving apps to media card

And I too wish we could direct the screenshots to save to the media card rather than the default device memory.

Thanks!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: rogers

I guess, but instead of completely muting it being able to turn it down a few decibels would be handy, especially if you take a screen shot and it still makes the shutter sound. An app that would be helpful is a battery percentage meter instead of just a plain battery ( maybe a battery with a percent inside it perhaps?) or again with the music app- the home screen was a bit confusing especially after coming from an iPhone, I wish there was an option to set your songs instead of recently played/added ( when I first got this phone I had trouble finding the all songs menu). Adjusting the volume during an app or sending a text while sending a text a volume menu comes up and practically takes up the entire text and takes forever to disappear. I think it would be cool if say a drop down menu appeared when changing the volume with the same functions as the box that pops up, just instead of blocking out the screen it compresses it?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 and PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Add auto BCC for POP accounts so you can keep track of Sent email from the BlackBerry

Save Sort settings in File Manager

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: roger

I would say make the cell phone longer battery life. Who wants to charge an anxxxxx phone twice a day. I think one full charge should last 5 days, with talk time of 5 min/day.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

As nice as that would be, I think 5 days is a bit of a pipe dream on any modern phone. Even older ones that lasted days usually hit about 3 at maximum. I'd be happy with one day at medium usage. Right now even my Z30 only lasts about 8 hours
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't know if this was covered before but I would substitute my ending email information on older legacy devices and I would like to see the same thing on BB10.

Example:

I would type...

zzzz

and it would replace it with...

Thanks,

Fname Lname

0(123)456-7890

blue@green.com

123 First Lane

Somewhere somestate, 00000

I can no longer do that on BB10 devices. I tried but it does everything on one line. It doesn't reconize the return key. So I have to go back and cut off the lines. It takes almost as long as writing everything out.

It's one of the biggest things I miss.

Updated my pin
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Dark theme for ALL menus. How only some apps get it is inconsistent, and sort of dissapointing. Not quality work at all. Love what does have dark though Smiley Happy please just finish the deed.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Vodafone Hungary

*scan barcodes from images or pictures.

Hi

Overall in BB os 10 many application is capable of creating 2D barcode and you can save this as an image.

In Smart Tags, it would be great if not just Camera could scan , you can scan 2D or EAN code right from your photos or from downloaded files.

THANK YOU!

Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: roger

How about link to Ontario Loto, and scan your own 6/49 ticket to find weather it is a winning ticket or not? ;-)

Not really a kernel feature.