Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

fschutrumpf wrote:

I.e. some email accounts are much more likely to not deliver mail every 15 minutes than others (i.e. godaddy email seems particularly sporadic with the Z10 - works better with iPhone/BB8700, Android...) 

Hey, you have a GoDaddy hosted account?

Let me recommend you delete the current account.

Restart your device.

The, use this guide to setup the GoDaddy hosted account again:  Setting up an IMAP GoDaddy hosted email account on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone   

When setting it up, make certain you note at the bottom of the screen the SYNC INTERVALS and set that to five minutes, not the default 30 minutes.

Now, you should see your GoDaddy hosted email show up faster.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi J

I get all that and have done that before, and have my sync interval at 5 min. I'm wondering though, how often should I be deleting and re-adding my account? Daily? Weekly? Definitely my problem happens more than once a month where there is a multi-hour lag in email delivery, and it's a sneaky problem.  I have other accounts and get enough email that the issue isn't glaring.  And the log jam will fix itself most of the time.  However, there's more log jams than I desire, and they are sporadic and generally self correcting.  I want an end to the logjam, not a mess with my phone for 15 minutes workaround.   Like other posters, I somehow cling to the wish that it could be like the old BB where none of these issues existed, but I understand. With the current code base, the old functionality is a thing of the past.

Yea, I hear you. I have a GoDaddy hosted account also.

We need GoDaddy to enable push on IMAP. That would fix it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: AT&T

I installed BeBuzz. It provides persistent alerts for everything BUT calendar alerts. I missed a reminder because I didn't hear the single tone from my holster. An option is to find the loudest, longest tone for my alerts, but that's embarrassing if it goes off in a quiet setting. HELP!

Get a shock collar?

There's another app that might do for calendar but for the life of me I can't recall the name. Let me think.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMO

[ Edited ]

Blackberry Traffic

I live in Los Angeles.  When using the freeway system here, many times there are three, even four, different freeways to take to get to one location.  Many times one freeway is jammed, and alternate routes are a must.  Blackberry Traffic would let you know which freeway to take to get to a location and how to get there the quickest, even adjusting traffic conditions and arrival times based on real-time traffic conditions, as you traveled.  It would show you all the different routes, color code the traffic speed/conditions along your route, and update by the minute.  For a 25 mile trip in Los Los Angeles, it could take you sometimes an hour or more, but with BB Traffic, you could shave off 15 minutes from your trip.  This app was indispensable as a commuter in Los Angeles.   

Now, because my company changed email servers, I have to upgrade from by Bold 9900 (which has BB Traffic) to a Z10 to be able to get the Enterprise email service on my phone.  But, no BB Traffic - very disappointing.  And I agree with those in other forums who point out that you cannot compare a mapping program with BB Traffic - there is no comparison; it's like apples to oranges.  The "traffic" feature in Blackberry Maps is NOT the same as Blackberry Traffic - please do not try to insult us by telling us it is.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Some more accumulating thoughts of possible improvements of BBOS10.  Some may have been done with latest leak (10.2.1.1055 which rocks...I have it) and I may have repeated thoughts on a previous posts.  So sorry for that..

Calendar
- Allow simple 'Reminders' with snooze, with repeating alerts and a dismiss to end alert/alarm/notifcation.
- Allow 'Default' view. Say monthly and /or 'last used'.  Default may already be there but last view used isn't.

Camera
- Red eye reduction
- Toggle off/on option for recently added or viewed pictures or remove altogether.

Editing and typing
- How do you cancel a selection while in an edit mode?  Stumps me many times. New 10.2.1.1055 is much better.
- Any undo/redo?
- Any drag and drop?
- Any clipboard manager app?
- How does it insert period or comma using voice edit?
- Zoom, especially zoom in does not always work. Nor does zoom out actually.
- Allow us the option to make header on most screens a little  narrower so more real estate for rest of screen.
- Voice mails lock up phone causing reboot.
- Allow option to double tap Send for text. Often I mean to hit backspace or period  and hit Send prematurely.
- Provide option to allow double tap icons especially including camera to avoid accidentally starting camera which is on bottom of many screens along with phone. I often bump them and camera is running and waste battery.

Home page/lock screen
- Homepage be clock, name and number like as lock screen.
- There is no way to have the lock screen to appear without having to lock the screen but would like the lock screen be the home screen. How do you do that? Sorry. Confusing to explain.

Hub
- Keep previously read message highlighted but perhaps not selected so users can keep track of which message they last read.
- I have multiple email boxes. Hard to tell which email a message is from. Some indication of the email the mail is from.
- And a properties click to show details.
- Give option to delete on device only. I think 10.2.1.10 has this.

Partial Word Swiping
- Allow this for compound words and 'ing' or past tense words. So if word is 'work' and it shows working allow ING to drop off. Or if my word is working and it show work allow us to swipe work but continue typing ing but append it to work.
- Allow manual typing editing with voice control. And allow voice control editing for that matter.

Voice Control
- How to add comma and period with voice? Do we pause or say comma or period without Blackberry spelling it out?

Word sub colors
- Allow word assist be different colors like blue or yellow highlight  to see them better.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

I agree with a lot of these suggestions... really good ideas.. why not submit to BlackBerry itself using the Betazone app and clicking the feedback button... I've been sending everything I can think of for features and bugs...

hxjake, some good suggestions.

yes there is a clipboard manager app, check your AppWorld... Clip Man or something like that.

You can give each email account a different side color bar in 10.2.1, check your Hub > Settings

A few of your other suggestions are covered as well in 10.2

thanks.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SQW100-1
My Carrier: Meteor

Themes like in BlackBerry 7 and earlier
Live wallpapers
Connect BBM to facebook/twitter and able to send BBM updates to facebook/twitter

Cloud services that saves wi-fi passwords / email settings and automatically restore when restoring phone