Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

[ Edited ]

Hey folks, JS...

Apologies in advance as I cannot easily find the big list from the beginning of this thread but a couple of items so I clicked reply to this post.

I am on BB Z10 STL3 10.2.1.1055.

I often have toubles with the zoom.  Whether in the browser and other apps or the camera zoom itself.  For browser and other non-camera apps, once zoomed, it is hard to move it around (although I think I recently read use two fingers instead of one as I usually use).  It seems to get stuck and only option is to try to get it back to normal view.  And if I close browser while zoomed, my icons are left all zoomed.  Again, easy to get out but a pain nonetheless.

Camera zoom does not easily zoom well for me.  I suspect it is because I have magnify feature enabled (in order to use in browser) and it conflicts with the camera zoom.  But not sure.  I have not quite figured it out but wanted to put it out there anyway.  I think it might be nice, in addition to the pinch zooming, to have a - (zoom out) and + (zoom in) buttons on camera display to zoom in and out.  This may help from conflicting with magnify zoom.  And/or if even possible, the volume buttons for zooming and mute button for taking the picture while in camera app since they are not typically used on the camera app.  It may be hard to use but just some thoughts.

Something else to mention (cannot recall if I have before or not) but the three icons on the bottom of most screens, phone, search, camera.  I often bump them and therefore invoke them, especially camera as they are all a single tap.  I wish there was an option to invoke them with a double tap and/or even allow us to hold for 2-3 seconds to invoke.  This may cut down on the accidental invocation of these three apps.  Allow all three to be customaizable in settings somewhere to allow for one or all variations.

Speaking of this area on the phone, it would be nice to add, or customize, this area to have more apps for quick access.  Looks like maybe up to four more apps could fit in that area.  Perhaps notification profile icon could be there for quicker toggling of silent to normal to other profiles (if they bring that back for BB10).  I read it is back but not quite the same as BB7.  If it is, please feel free to show where it is.  Thx.

Same thing when sending a text.  I often bump send or hit send when I meant to hit backspace. So I would end up sending text prematurely.  I hate it when I do things prematurely.  Anyway, an optional double tap on send may help there.  And double tap would cut down on accidental sends.  I know it is my fat finger fault but still would be nice.

Sounds.  When phone is on silent, it would be nice to have an override toggle button when keyboard is present (say on editable fields) so one could tap to override the silent mode to allow the typing feedback sound without having to set phone sound from silent to normal and back again.  I have my phone on silent often but like the keyboard feeback sounds.  Seems like there may be other native apps that this sound override toggle would be helpful.  For example, the camera shutter sound.

Thanks, Jake.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Dear BlackBerry,

please add an option to:

Send email as Plain Text
View HTML email as Plain text

Send from email alias
Multiple signatures per account
Display all email headers

S/MIME and PGP support for IMAP accounts

Option to disable the dialpad tone while dialing.

Thanks in advance

Edy

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bandyou

hello

i need a audio player by folder

because when you have a big sd memory card it's not easy to use by playlist

thank you

Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: o2 (de)

[ Edited ]

EdyC wrote:

Send email as Plain Text

View HTML email as Plain text

Send from email alias
Display all email headers

S/MIME and PGP support for IMAP accounts

There is nothing I could add to this list (in terms of missing email features).

Go for it, BlackBerry!

- - -
My approved apps @ App World
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

biggerCC wrote:

EdyC wrote:

There is nothing I could add to this list (in terms of missing email features).

Go for it, BlackBerry!

The best workaround on this issue is to simply create Auto Completion entries for different email signatures.

Say for instance, you want one email sig for friends and family which just has your name and cellphone, create one with that information and name it something like "sigff"

Create another for your work clients and relations with your name, office address, office phone or whatever, and name it "sigwork"

and on and on with as many as you need.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for the tip!

Is there any text length limitation to the Auto Completion entries ?

Edy

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMO

Maybe it's there, but I can't find it.  In the hub or on individual email acocunts and other messaging accounts, the ability to mark all prior messages read and/or the ability to "select all" so that you can either mark a message read, unread, delete, etc, all of them at once.

EdyC wrote:

Is there any text length limitation to the Auto Completion entries ?

I don't know what the length maximum might be, I suspect there is. I have not hit it yet.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

hotdjdave wrote:

Maybe it's there, but I can't find it.  In the hub or on individual email acocunts and other messaging accounts, the ability to mark all prior messages read and/or the ability to "select all" so that you can either mark a message read, unread, delete, etc, all of them at once.

Yes, and that is covered in another thread titled Tips and Tricks, etc.,

Touch and hold any date header bar in the Hub list of messages. The pop up sidebar will allow options of mark all prior read, or delete all prior (to that date).

If you to select certain messages, in the Hub tap the three dots icon > Select More > touch each message to highlight those messages you wish... to delete, mark read, unread, etc.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Roger

In Parental controls Add Contacts and Security Wipe otherwise a child could add a contact name which circumvents security if the contact name turns out to be someone bad from a random email