Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

all seem much needed!!

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

MikeGolan wrote:

My second post was refferred to the request for an option to turn off (not turn down) the sound when we dial a number in Phone apps, without turning to Silence mode. For example sometimes when i need to dial/phone someone (when in presentation room/condition, to avoid disturbing other person in the room), I must turn the Silence mode on first so the key tone is silenced too. But many times i forgot to turn it the mode again, which i miss several call or notification.

If you're in a meeting in which you do NOT want to disturb those in the meeting, you should have your device on Silent or Vibrate in the first place so that other notifications and calls don't disturb them... and then the dial pad tones won't either.

MikeGolan wrote:
PS: Sorry... I don't know how to quote the reply i directed to... I just simply click the reply button on the post I want to reply, but it doesn't show the post I reply in my reply post.

Once you click the reply ON the post to which you want to reply, the large blue Quote button is present above the reply text box... but all this is off-topic for this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: tour 9630

Make the keyboard shortcut available for the touch devices when bringing up the virtual keyboard with the two finger up swipe.

Allow a keyboard always in on touch device to replicate the experience in physical keyboard device. The keyboard stars up and has the same function as their physical counterpart. Only goes away on full screen app on when the user dismiss it

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Kenicolo wrote:

Make the keyboard shortcut available for the touch devices when bringing up the virtual keyboard with the two finger up swipe.

Already there. Two fingers up > Keyboard present.

To hide the Keyboard > two fingers down OR tap and hold the space key for two seconds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I would like the traffic shown in Blackberry Maps that was used in Blackberry Traffic, its the only thing needed. Oh and maybe update roads in Blackberry Maps because in Edmonton with the amount of construction its a little off at times.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Ufone

a built in backup and restore apps is a must as BB 10 lacks this.  

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Digi

blackberry can consider using customized Android OS instead of BB10
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

Make the Android runtime an optional component or provide a way to disable it.

Clearly identify BlackBerry World applications that use the Android runtime.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Cable and Wireless Panama

There should be a "Sort by" option when going into an album on the Pictures app.  As it is oldest files are on top making it necessary to scroll down always.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

@ euvinlam: I respectfully desagree. In that case people would just buy a cheeper, cooler or trendier Android, like the popular Samsung or the inexpensive yet competent Wico or Huawei. The reason most people buy BlackBerry is to have a OS that is not prone to the vírus, malware and security holes of Android OS.

Anyway, another sugestion: add a "disconect call if screen locks" option. I use one of these wallet like snap on cases and with such an option I could disconect a call simply by snapping it shut, pretty much like an old clamshell phone.