Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Pretty much everything from "power tools". And a free anti-virus and firewall (even if only for a limited time) would be a pretty neat welcome gift for new clients.

As far as features, how about adding the option to play a music file in a loop when you press the "mute" button during a call? Like when you call a help desk service and they put you on hold.
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The device already has a firewall.
There is absolutely NO need for any anti-virus... there is NO virii for any BlackBerry -- neve has been, and therefore by pure definition of anti-virus, you can't have protection against something of which there is no threat.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Cool. I already knew it is the safest OS you can get (there is a reason BlackBerry is a favourite among politicians and corporate executives) but I did not knew it was that safe.

Just one more reason for me to love my Z10.
Regular Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

But what about the android apps that mine bitcoins in the background?
Contributor

I am not a tech guy, but those I would assume to be safe, just like any other Android app.

I mean, if you are using Android apps any malware they may have was coded to Android and therefor will not damage your BlackBerry device.
Regular Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

Not damage but waste resources. Maybe this should be a separate thread.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: BASE (german provider)

[ Edited ]
@JSanders: "There is absolutely NO need for any anti-virus... there is NO virii for any BlackBerry -- neve has been, and therefore by pure definition of anti-virus, you can't have protection against something of which there is no threat." Aren't you a bit too optimistic about that? Only the fact that BB10 runs only on a still small number of smartphones keeps it away from the focus of malware authors. Right now, Android, WP and iOS are more distributed than BB10. So it's only a question of time, when alle the "Obamaphones", "Merkelphones" and those of big companies (if its true, that more and more companies switch back to RIM/Blackberry) will be targeted. I personally don't belief it when I'm told "this $* is secure by design, period." Thats too much optimism to me.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

What I would REALLY love to see is Actionable Frames

I hate it when I see pictures in the Pictures app frame that I want to open, then tap on them and it opens where I was last. What's the point in showing me a tiny thumbnail and then offering me no possible way of finding it - especially if it's a picture from years ago?

Likewise a tweet pops up on the Twitter app frame. 'Great,' I think to myself, 'I'll retweet this badboy.' I open up Twitter and it slaps me in my timeline. Was the tweet recent, a long time ago, on in a parallel dimension? I have no clue!

If app developers had a way to give users a way to trigger the cotexts of an active frame then I would be more excited than a cat on catnip in a box or rather portley mice.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BarryBlack wrote:
@JSanders: "There is absolutely NO need for any anti-virus... there is NO virii for any BlackBerry -- neve has been, and therefore by pure definition of anti-virus, you can't have protection against something of which there is no threat." Aren't you a bit too optimistic about that? Only the fact that BB10 runs only on a still small number of smartphones keeps it away from the focus of malware authors. Right now, Android, WP and iOS are more distributed than BB10. So it's only a question of time, when alle the "Obamaphones", "Merkelphones" and those of big companies (if its true, that more and more companies switch back to RIM/Blackberry) will be targeted. I personally don't belief it when I'm told "this $* is secure by design, period." Thats too much optimism to me.

No, it is not optimism, but fact.

I can't say what will happen tomorrow, no differently than you can.

However, by very definition, an antivrus can only act on a virus for which it is designed to act, so you can't create an anti- with the virius.

Anyway, yes, this all very off topic for this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: other

Did not find it in the opening post so here are features that I definitely miss:

- support for Outlook Categories Field in Contacts, Calendar

- use of Outlook Categories for automatic Groups in Contacts  (like many use them that way in Outlook already)

- add Options to Bedsidemode: Turn Wifi, Bluetooth etc. off.  Reduce polling frequency for incoming calls etc. to save battery life