07-18-2014 01:23 PM - edited 07-18-2014 01:33 PM
I didnt know that thank you. That still sucks that everytime I send something they need to send me back a request for a higher quality. and there is no option for that with mms...
Another thing that is desperately needed is a better music player. One that is more customizable but user friendly. I want good quality sound at least. Right now the music player you cant do anything with it is basically useless. I use Neutron Player right now but I cant get my music to sound right because I listen to so many different things that if I have it set for one thing it sounds horrible with another. I want to have preset EQs like acoustic, pop, rock, r&b, hip-hop, jazz, that sort of thing.
07-21-2014 01:18 PM
Here's a simple one that I would greatly appreciate:
1. In Quick Settings, depending on whether one last used 'Vibrate' or 'Silent' in your Notifications profile, you can only jump quickly from 'Normal' to 'Vibrate' (or 'Silent') and back again to 'Normal'. I would love for that to be changed to: 'Normal' to 'Vibrate' to 'Silent' and back again to 'Normal'. This would save us from having to open up Notifications options to pick either 'Vibrate' or 'Silent' profiles, depending on which was last used.
Thanks very much!
07-21-2014 03:32 PM
1) I really love my Z10 except for one annoying thing: after finishing a phone call, I have to explicitly close the phone application in order to avoid making accidental phone calls. It's three gestures: hang up, swipe up, close. I sometimes forgot this and made unintended calls to some of my contacts "from my pocket", even in the middle of the night. I also got such phone calls from friends having a Z10.
In old BlackBerries pressing the "hang up" button quit the phone application. My feature request is to have a checkbox in the Phone application settings: checking this option would result in automatically closing the phone app when the red "hang up" button is pressed.
2) I find the "Global search" function (magnifier) very useful and often use it for looking up the contact I would like to call. This way, I have to close both applications (Phone and Contacts) after the phone call, meaning five gestures after a single phone call - quite impractical. So my "advanced" feature request in addition to (1) would be a setting closing both Phone and Contacts after pressing the "hang up" button.
Thank you in advance for considering my requests!
07-28-2014 04:35 PM
1. Music player on the home screen would be great.
2. Ability to connect to local storage devices in the main file manager app just like Dropbox and Box.
3. Close the search application after moving to another application to fulfill the request of the search.
07-28-2014 04:46 PM
1. Already there.. your "Music" icon. If you want, you can move that icon to your first screen of icons. Do you need help with that?
2. Such as what "local"? For instance, I have my office PC set up as a drive from which I can immediately access files.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
08-06-2014 08:24 AM
I have been considering to get a BB device, BUT BB10 is missing the Chinese input method "Changjie", and this is definitely the tie breaker for me to purchase any BB...
08-06-2014 08:34 AM
Changjie is not a big market, but it's not that small either, don't you know that there are approximately 60 million Chinese in the world they speak Cantonese as native language but not Mandarin, most of these people don't use PinYin input?
Handwriting is a very slow input method, for those who type Chinese daily they won't use this one.
Your competators such that Android/Windows/iOS they all have it by default.
Will you include the Changjie in the 10.3 update? So far I don't see this in any "leaked" update so I feel negative...
08-06-2014 08:42 AM
08-06-2014 09:51 AM
Thx for the quick response cas118.
I am not sure but do you mean "Wubi" (五筆)?
Yes, Wubi can be a good alternative if Changjie is not available. Thx, it's good to know the BB10 is supporting this.
But the downside is the learning curve, Chinese typing is not something that you can use "on the fly", it takes weeks to learn a new chinese typing method. And we are talking about it will take months until you can type fast.
I heard that the learning curve of Wubi is similar to Changjie from another chinese typing forum.
It took me almost one month to just "get used to" the Changjie typing, maybe I am a slow learning, but anyway. And it will be even more difficult to learn it on a phone typing, I guess?