Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

That's probably what I was looking it.

I get why it would be an issue to switch styles though so fair play. I see there's topics in the forum asking about Changjie so you're definitely not the only one.

There are some interesting input styles - so thanks for bringing this up.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: q10/z10
My Carrier: bell

Just wondering when the capability to restore just an individual app or file from previous back up files. I'm sure that I am not the only one. On the internet there is Blackberry backup extractor apps for older versions. I have several back ups on my computer from when I was loading the leaked OS's to try them out etc. Thing is I don’t want the entire back up files restored to my phone and you can only do one file and everything else is destroyed on the phone. For instance there's some game apps that do not have cloud saves so the save information is saved in an old back file which now I can't get to without restoring it all. Same with notes in the phone that were not saved to evernote. It would be nice to be able to open up old backups in Blackberry Link and be able to retrieve and load certain apps that hold information only on the device itself. Same goes for say emails, texts or any other file you may want
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

peteyg wrote:
Just wondering when the capability to restore just an individual app or file from previous back up files.

Good suggestion, I don't believe anyone here will know "when" that might be implemented.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: z30
My Carrier: airtel

Parental control. Giving the browser the ability to filter all adult content. These preferences are locked using a password.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Optimize the interface for use with one hand
- let back button be cancel where there is a cancel button.
- let the other buttons like next be in the action bar so they can all be reached on the larger screens.

Basically remove the need to jump from top to bottom of the screen when going through dialogs; put everything in the actin bar.
New Contributor

There should be a way to return to the hub without closing the current email window.

This helps when copying text file other emails to put in the on now being typed; and also allows responding to other messages that come in while completing the current one.

I would suggest a "pop out" feature like that of Outlook 2013 mail creation.
New Contributor

Should be able to make movies full screen without turning off rotation lock.
New Contributor

Charging should trigger bedside mode as it did in OS7. And the clock should be bigger.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

Backup and restore to *local* network server. Remove need for BlackBerry link client software.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: idea

Led wireless network coverage indicator like old bb