Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Research in Motion should make crowdfunding part of their software upgrades.

Allow consumers to suggest features and then allow users of the BlackBerry devices to bid on changes. No change implemented, no cost. Use kickstarter as a model.

This would get RIM ahead of the times. I think people are ready for it. Here we have, what, over a hundred pages of improvement recommendations?

if I though that I could "donate" a few dollars here or there to increase the chance of specific improvements being made to BlackBerry OS10, I would read through each page. The time investment alone is worth something. A $5 donation is nothing on top of it.

This could be exactly what BlackBerry needs to get back on top again...

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Conference calls booked in the calendar do not have the attached files that have possibly been added. It's essential and unacceptable not having this functionality.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

Function enhancement - Z-10c

Z10c

Contributor
My Device: Z30 (z10 on standby :/)
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Protect wireless back-up!!! Like OS7!! That was a lifesaver!! Sorely missed! Also a way to clean up all of this "other data" and junk files. Without doing a wipe!!!!!! Ugh!!! Send button should move. Display what number I'm texting/calling/messaging for contacts with multiple numbers. That's highly counterproductive at time. Make a way to copy contact info without copying the whole contact. I just need one number copied!!!!! Also need a Z10/Q10 Torch!!!!!!
Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Digi

Please add the soft key to "off screen". This will reduce the frequent pressing physical power button. I notice that power button is difficult to press. I need to press very hard in order to get it work. Maybe is hardware failure, but my Q5 is just 1 month old only. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: E-Plus

[ Edited ]

Hi Forum,

nobody answered to my original post 

supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/next-X-upcoming-appointments-on-BB10-lock-screen/td-p/2869156

therefore I want to add it as a feature request:

Lock screen should show the next X upcoming appointments. X should be configurable in the settings. If the next X appointments are in the future, then the lock screen should show the correspondent date and time - as the good old "today themes" did.

With kind regards

BBsupporter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Editable number field for Dial Pad

When copypasting into the number field for Dial Pad (phone app) it is not possible to position the cursor on the beginning of the field. I often need to add a country code (like +1 or +49) to the numbers that are listed in the local format in the emails. It is not possible with the current mode. One can only add or delete numbers at the end of the string in that field.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've often got the same problem the other way when copying a number with country code and a Zero in brackets after it, I have to remove the Zero which is also not possible!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

I have the same issue. This is a very important usability feature that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

And....to add to Dlegor and smokefrog's comments, you cannot even start by typing +49 or whatever code, then pasting the copied number after the code, as the entire field is replaced by the copied item hence there is no way to edit a number other than switching back and forth to the email, memorizing the number and typing it into the field.