Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

sinner_saintZ10 wrote:
I forgot to mention my enterprise email was with lotus notes not in outlook.

That was not "MS Exchange ActiveSync" Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

That would have been with BES5 and the option existed but BES5 did not use activesync.

I can see nowhere with activesync that there is an option to choose deletion on one or the other.

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Back to the suggestions and feature requests! I think this would be nifty and useful:

I would love to see an icon in the Hub main menu that looks like a Telephone with a star, this icon would pop up the list of my 'Favourites' from the phone app and speed dial them right from the Hub.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I too would like to be able to optionally keep the email on the server -- that's how my BlackBerry 9700 worked and I miss that feature very much.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Wow...people, this is not how activesync works. You will not be able to keep mail on the server. This has nothign to do with BDS but to do with activesync/traveler.

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Regular Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

Ok, so how was I able to get push email through gmail on my 9900 and when I wanted to delte an email have the option to delete on mailbox & handheld or just on handheld?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kmascoll wrote:

Ok, so how was I able to get push email through gmail on my 9900 and when I wanted to delte an email have the option to delete on mailbox & handheld or just on handheld?

That was BIS, in the past.

Now, the BB10 devices are on ActiveSync.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've asked a moderator to clean this thread up of some of the offtopic conversation and move those posts to their own thread for further discussion if anyone wants.

For now, let's keep back to feature requests (and let's hope the developers at BlackBerry are watching, there's some great suggestions and needs in this thread).

Thanks!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Wind

Making voice calls while the phone/screen is password locked. I really like this feature on previous models.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I like a flashing green led for working red more incoming message and blue for Bluetooth connected. Also can we change the number of rings for notifications. Currently I only get one ring on everything except for phone calls.