02-08-2013 01:11 PM - edited 02-08-2013 01:46 PM
- heard that this is already being addressed, but it needs the ability to have different notifications for different applications, such as bbm, emails, twitter, facebook, text messages, etc.
- word substitution does not work in this app
- hitting the text messages icon only brings you back to where you left off in the HUB
- can't delete any of my tweets
- I don't get the notifications when I receive tweets, they are in my HUB but I am not notified
- more cloud services such as skydrive and google drive, sugarsync, etc
- Homescreen needs landscape, it can keep the exact same gestures/directions, but when I am using the browser in landscape and I go to my active frames, I'd rather the whole interface be in landscape like the PlayBook. Could keep the same directions for gestures, so say you are in the browser in landscape, you swipe from the left (from BlackBerry logo) to minimize, and then swipe up to go to the HUB.
- pictures in low light don't come out that good. A member of Crackberry discovered that if you move the auto-focus to a dark colour in the picture, the picture becomes much more clear and bright. This leads me to believe that certain software adjustments can fix the camera.
- no landscape unless accessed from the HUB
- needs more settings ie calls only profile, turn notifications off vs turn network off
- more features, like set alarm, weather in, etc
I understand some of these may already being looked at, and that others have lower priority, but if things like this were to be implemented, it would be a complete phone, everything we love from BBOS7 and everything we wanted from BB10.
02-15-2013 10:47 AM
Here is my list of annoiances to date
1) Battery completely drains when it can't find a cell network. I have proven this beyond reasonable doubt now. I went from 60% to 0 in less than an hour (phone was in locker in gym) 2 times. everything was working normally until this.
2) The BBM and SMS apps are not "linked" to the hub. They are independant apps which drives me crazy.
3) Saving a draft in email is a painful experience. Most other phones have a home button that automatically saves the email. The only way i've found so far is to hit the cancel button and save. Thats on the opposite side of the keyboard at the top. I realize that on the PB it's the back arrow button but I'm not "one fingering" on the PB. I need to be able to access a pop up menu within the message quickly if i need to check some info from another email.
4) The clock app is weak (as mentioned in another post). On my 9900, i can choose to snooze or cancel the alarm without having to log onto the phone just by tapping the pop-up on screen when the alarm goes off. On the Z10 this is not the case. Also agree that more options (phone calls only, etc) for bedside mode.
5) Changing the font size only seems to impact the subject line in messages and not the body. Drives me crazy.
6) Why is the settings screen (pull down from top of device) an app once I open it. Why can't it just close AND ask me to save. Extra click for nothing.
7) Dialing the phone seems to be a chore. On the 9900, i can type a name or dial a number simply by typing once I'm in the phone. Now I have to choose dial pad or search contacts, extra clicks. Not sure about everyone else but half the time, the phone "app" stays open after i close a call. For future development, this is how i think it should work.
- When i hit the phone button, a "dial space" just like on the 9900 should appear.
- If i tap that space, the full keyboard should automatically appear which would allow me to type a name or dial a number.
- If i want to see my recent calls, they should be bellow the "dial space".
Unless I'm a moron, right now if i go into the phone, it automatically shows me recent calls and 3 menu choices at the top, none of which are immediately helpful to me.
Hopefully I'm not alone in these gripes.
02-15-2013 11:53 AM
I'm finding that the battery does not last as long as indicated.
I usually only charge the phone when I go to bed at night but I'm finding that at some point during the day the battery is really low and needs to be recharged to get me through the day.
I am unable to delete old tweets from the hub or twitter. Current ones are find but I have 12 that just won't delete (they appear to but then they come back )
Can't find some of the apps that I had on my Bold - ie BlackBerry Travel and my bank are the most important ones.
Can't seem to bridge to my playbook either.
Used my phone to get an internet connection when I was not in a wireless area.
02-15-2013 12:52 PM
Yea I am really missing the following apps:
Google Maps with street view
These are apps that I basically need. The Go Mobile is a big one for as it's my life line. Hopefully the developers will be interested in creating apps for Blackberry 10.
The most important feature for me is to leave a copy of my email on the server. I get 100's of emails a day and cannot leave them on my Z10 until I receive them on my computer and than delete. An update better be quick as I have only 1 week left to return the Z10.
02-15-2013 08:14 PM
02-15-2013 08:47 PM
02-19-2013 11:35 PM
02-20-2013 08:33 AM