Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

General Fixes - What should be updated to make it a complete phone

[ Edited ]

Notifications

- heard that this is already being addressed, but it needs the ability to have different notifications for different applications, such as bbm, emails, twitter, facebook, text messages, etc.

Text messages

- word substitution does not work in this app

- hitting the text messages icon only brings you back to where you left off in the HUB

Twitter

- can't delete any of my tweets

- I don't get the notifications when I receive tweets, they are in my HUB but I am not notified

File Manager

- more cloud services such as skydrive and google drive, sugarsync, etc

Interface

- Homescreen needs landscape, it can keep the exact same gestures/directions, but when I am using the browser in landscape and I go to my active frames, I'd rather the whole interface be in landscape like the PlayBook. Could keep the same directions for gestures, so say you are in the browser in landscape, you swipe from the left (from BlackBerry logo) to minimize, and then swipe up to go to the HUB. 

Camera

- pictures in low light don't come out that good. A member of Crackberry discovered that if you move the auto-focus to a dark colour in the picture, the picture becomes much more clear and bright. This leads me to believe that certain software adjustments can fix the camera.

BBM

- no landscape unless accessed from the HUB

Bedside Mode

- needs more settings ie calls only profile, turn notifications off vs turn network off

Voice Control

- more features, like set alarm, weather in, etc

I understand some of these may already being looked at, and that others have lower priority, but if things like this were to be implemented, it would be a complete phone, everything we love from BBOS7 and everything we wanted from BB10.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: General Fixes - What should be updated to make it a complete phone

Home Screen Icons for email accounts would be nice too! 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Being able to leave a copy of email on the server is a big one for me. Lets hope they change this soon.
Regular Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Telus

Here is my list of annoiances to date

1) Battery completely drains when it can't find a cell network. I have proven this beyond reasonable doubt now. I went from 60% to 0 in less than an hour (phone was in locker in gym) 2 times. everything was working normally until this.

2) The BBM and SMS apps are not "linked" to the hub. They are independant apps which drives me crazy.

3) Saving a draft in email is a painful experience. Most other phones have a home button that automatically saves the email. The only way i've found so far is to hit the cancel button and save. Thats on the opposite side of the keyboard at the top. I realize that on the PB it's the back arrow button but I'm not "one fingering" on the PB. I need to be able to access a pop up menu within the message quickly if i need to check some info from another email.

4) The clock app is weak (as mentioned in another post). On my 9900, i can choose to snooze or cancel the alarm without having to log onto the phone just by tapping the pop-up on screen when the alarm goes off. On the Z10 this is not the case. Also agree that more options (phone calls only, etc) for bedside mode.

5) Changing the font size only seems to impact the subject line in messages and not the body. Drives me crazy.

6) Why is the settings screen (pull down from top of device) an app once I open it. Why can't it just close AND ask me to save. Extra click for nothing.

7) Dialing the phone seems to be a chore. On the 9900, i can type a name or dial a number simply by typing once I'm in the phone. Now I have to choose dial pad or search contacts, extra clicks. Not sure about everyone else but half the time, the phone "app" stays open after i close a call. For future development, this is how i think it should work.

- When i hit the phone button, a "dial space" just like on the 9900 should appear.

- If i tap that space, the full keyboard should automatically appear which would allow me to type a name or dial a number.

- If i want to see my recent calls, they should be bellow the "dial space".

Unless I'm a moron, right now if i go into the phone, it automatically shows me recent calls and 3 menu choices at the top, none of which are immediately helpful to me.

Hopefully I'm not alone in these gripes.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

I'm finding that the battery does not last as long as indicated.

I usually only charge the phone when I go to bed at night but I'm finding that at some point during the day the battery is really low and needs to be recharged to get me through the day.

I am unable to delete old tweets from the hub or twitter.  Current ones are find but I have 12 that just won't delete (they appear to but then they come back Smiley Sad )

Can't find some of the apps that I had on my Bold - ie BlackBerry Travel and my bank are the most important ones.

Can't seem to bridge to my playbook either.

Used my phone to get an internet connection when I was not in a wireless area.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Yea I am really missing the following apps:

Bebuzz

Go Mobile

Poynt

Instagram

Google Maps with street view

These are apps that I basically need.  The Go Mobile is a big one for as it's my life line.  Hopefully the developers will be interested in creating apps for Blackberry 10. 

The most important feature for me is to leave a copy of my email on the server.  I get 100's of emails  a day and cannot leave them on my Z10 until I receive them on my computer and than delete.  An update better be quick as I have only 1 week left to return the Z10.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Poynt is no longer in business, but a few of their developers have started a new app. The name escapes me while my z10 is... Charging. Smiley Wink

Feel free to Tweet the other developers or send them an email asking for a BB10 pot of their app. The more people that ask... The more likely that we are to receive one. Smiley Happy I like the #GetWithBB10 hash tag and will retweet anything that uses it. The more requests they get... The better!!
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

Spotcast... that's it. Smiley Happy
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

How is this forum supposed to be helpful? Other than knowing i am not alone? The 2 biggest problems i have encountered are the lost functions of the bridge and the gutted bedside mode. What is being done?
Forums Advisor III

This is a community forum, and every community member will try to help you out if they can.

If you don't like the help you are receiving here, your main line of support is always to contact your carrier. They can forward you to Blackberry if they cannot solve the issue.

There is of course always the option of paying for support from Blackberry directly. But most chose to start with the carrier and go for the free route. Smiley Happy

I like everyone else that has a z10 and playbook miss the functionality that has not been implemented in bridge on BB10 yet... but that's just it... They aren't "gone", they simply haven't been put into this new (v1) OS, yet. I look forward to their future delivery just like everyone else... at least I hope I am. Smiley Happy