Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

Groups in contacts

[ Edited ]

I have a Bold 9930. One of the main reasons I use blackberry is because you can make groups in your contacts like "family." In that group you can add all your family members and if you want to send them the same text you just write one text and send it to your contact "family" and everybody in that group receives the same text. Can you do that with the new blackberry q10 and z10?

Thank you for your help!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Groups in contacts

I agree, this is unbelievable! This needs to be fixed in the next update!!! I can't even use my contacts without it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

I agree this feature allows me to group contacts together helps me to not forget about people.  Hello BLACKBERRY can you add this field in the contact??  I would also like to be able link people together like person 1 is friend of person 2 or person 1 is assistant to person 2 VERY VERY USEFUL.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

Groups in contacts

The ability to make groups in my contacts is the main reason I use blackberry, without that feature I no longer have a strong reason to stay with blackberry. I just bought two Mac computers and that is a good reason for me to get an iphone instead of my Bold. Blackberry people, are your reading this messages?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

+1 here, contact groups would be very useful

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

WIlliamHunter wrote:

Blackberry people, are your reading this messages?

hello WilliamHunter,

as stated in the terms&conditions that you accepted when you registered on this forum, this is a peer-to-peer forums. You can also re-read the paragraph in the top left corner of this page.

That being said, if you want BlackBerry to hear you, go to your carrier and explain them why you do not use your BlackBerry anymore. Be assured that your carrier will notify BlackBerry if many subscribers do the same as you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: