Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BB
Accepted Solution

HELP! How to get BlackBerry 10.1 on your BlackBerry Z10

Hello,
I got the BlackBerry Z10 since a week and now I wanted to update it to the BlackBerry 10.2 Beta version. But the version is really bad and now I'd like to change back to BlackBerry 10.1. I downloaded the version 10.1 and wanted to install it but when I turn my phone back on there's a msg 'BlackBerry dev alpha update had ended...' any my phone wouldn't start anymore. I tried hard reset but nothing works...got BlackBerry 10.2 back on now.

Please help me!!!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: HELP! How to get BlackBerry 10.1 on your BlackBerry Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This thread details the exact process(es) available for falling back to your sanctioned (e.g,. not a leaked version) OS for your device:

I'm not sure what you downloaded, but please do try those proper procedures.

Good lcuk!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hey,
thanks for the quick answer but non of them are working for me, it says there are Updates and when I click on it it says theres a serious problem and it can't install 10.1. :-(

Is there another thing i could try?!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, there is an incredible amount of detail in the thread to which I linked for you (3 different methods, 11 different steps, etc. etc. etc.), but from the brevity of what you now report, I have no clue which of all of that you actually tried. You say, I think, (spelling and all that) that none of them are working...but the way those methods and steps are written, I cannot tell where within you are getting these results. Further, you keep saying update...while the point is reload, not update, so it's that section you should be following I'd think.

Please provide greater clarity so that we can perhaps understand your situation, and thereby perhaps provide you with useful guidance.

Thanks.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry that I couldn't describe my problem perfectly, but I don't know all specific words.

I will try it again, I've accidently downloaded and installed an dev alpha device software. And like you said it's not a proper version, it's to try apps. But I didn't know that before so now I'd like to restore my device and get the old BlackBerry 10.1 software back. I tried the 3 solutions but non of them worked for me. It says that there's no update available or that there's a problem and the software can't be installed on my device.

I hope that's good enough to be able to help me out. I'm horrified that I might have destroyed my BlackBerry already after a week :'(
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

OK thanks...let's see if I've understood.

1) You first attempted the OS Upgrade (which actually does not apply to your situation) by

• Removing your SIM card
  • Disabling Location Services
  • Then conducted the 11 steps
  • At what step did it fail? And what was the exact and complete error message presented?

2) Next, as described in the post, you

• Launched Link and connected your device
  • Selected "Reload Device Software"
  • What was the exact and complete error message presented please?

3) Finally, you followed the 11 steps, but somewhere along the way something went wrong...is there any way for you to be more exact in your description? What step number? What was the exact and complete error message presented?

As you can see, I've not needed any "specific words"...all I've done is cite from the post I linked you to, so as to try and elicit details that will be useful...

Thanks and let us know!

New Contributor

Okay,

1)+3)
I tried both and the step where it just stops working is when it is Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates, that is step 8.
It says that there are no Software updates available.

2)
so I've tried the 'Reload Device Software' and the Error was
(translated)
"There was an error during the Software Upgrade.
Not specified error [A:0x000000A2] "

sorry i cant be more specific, but its just not working.

Is there a way in general to get the normal Blackberry OS back on after having a Blackberry Dev Alpha Version on it?
Hall of Famer III

Well, what you have done is not a normal action (loading a DEV OS onto a production device), so it seems that the "normal" fixes are for some reason not working. What I'd next suggest is that you search for an AutoLoader for the OS you want to install...this thread discusses such things:

Good luck!

New Contributor

Hello,

I downloaded a earlier leak full version and now it's working again. In future I will be more careful about what I download and install on my device. 

Thanks again for the quick help

Hall of Famer III

Excellent. Now that you are back on an OS that is correct for your device, you might want to re-do the proper reload procedure, just to be sure that the leaked version you installed (via AutoLoader) is updated to a proper production OS.

Good luck!