Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

HOW To SETUP DIFfERENT TONES FOR DIFfERENT EMAIL

i cannot belive Blackberry would take away a great thing. It must be here somewhere. HELP

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Re: HOW To SETUP DIFfERENT TONES FOR DIFfERENT EMAIL

It's gone Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

These are the things that made all us BlackBerry lovers stick with them.
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

This can still be accomplished.  Edit the contact who's email you want to set a tone for and scroll down to Message Notification Tone and set the ringtone you want. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes I know but it does not help with email who are not in your contacts. They need to fix this ASAP
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

+1

We need to be able to have different notifications sounds dépending on the mailbox....

As well, it would be so useful to be able to have custom profiles for notifications and a very easy to get button to change profile on the fly (as it was with previous versions of BB). We don't want to go in the menus to change the profiles of notifications .

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Next problem where did our categories go in our contacts. We use to be able to filter the category we wanted to see.
Forums Advisor III

lesedwards wrote:
.i cannot belive Blackberry would take away a great thing. It must be here somewhere. HELP
and

I agree. Next problem where did our categories go in our contacts. We use to be able to filter the category we wanted to see.

I don't think they have taken either of these away, they simply aren't part of the brand spanking new OS yet. There has been a lot of chatter about both of these features on many forums, and I'm pretty sure Blackberry will take notice and implement them again. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Yes I hope so. We are all looking for these changes to happen before our 15 days are up. I cannot even imagine how ugly the Americans will be when they see the ugly OS
Forums Advisor III

lesedwards wrote:
Yes I hope so. We are all looking for these changes to happen before our 15 days are up. I cannot even imagine how ugly the Americans will be when they see the ugly OS

lesedwards,

It is pretty clear that you are quite unhappy with the issues you are finding with the OS, most of your posts clearly convey that fact.

I too am missing some features that have been around on Blackberries for a long time, some of them I miss from even back in the days of the good old Blackberry 950 (pin to pin messages anyone!?!) But I can see so much potential and so many great new features within this new device that I am willing to overlook some of those shortcomings while Blackberry sorts things out.

To each their own I guess. Smiley Very Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy