Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: ALL
My Carrier: BELL/ROGERS

Help Needed - Big Boss Visting Today

Okay so here in Canada on the Bell network we got the 10.2.1.537 update last week.  Now our boss from outside of Canada is visiting and my direct local boss told him about the great features and now he wants the update even though it was not released to his carrier/country yet.   They called me in to the office and my boss had his sim card in the out of country blackberry to try to trick the system into thinking it was a legit phone for the update.    First problem is will this even be possible to trick the system some way and second is will it break the phone for this user if they get an update that their carrier has not released yet.     Any people out there with any ideas?  I could really use the brownie points around here. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: VZW

Re: Help Needed - Big Boss Visting Today

I know a few ATT (GSM) users in the US  who put a Rogers SIM card (purchased on Amazon) in their Z10 and captured the 10.2 OS that was not released in the US. This would not work for a VZW (CDMA) branded device. Also, there are some autoloaders available as well as a utility called Sachesi where you might be able to get the 10.2.1. A little bit of research will probably yield the correct solution for you.

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help Needed - Big Boss Visting Today

CSisk, was the big bosses devices able to upgrade?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code