Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Holster issue 10.2.0.424 and low battery issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Com,

after updating my Z10 I have the problem that the BB turns off in my Holster.

Before updating my BB this was never happens, since I update to 10.2.0.424 my BB was off twice.

So I test it with follwoing settings

1st: security settings => device password => block BB in holster = yes

2nd screen settings => unblock device with power key = no

then I test it by putting the BB into my Holster and push the power button for 3-4 sec and check what happens

device was shutting down!!!!

Did anyboy have the same issue with 10.2. or maybe a solution for it

br wikrie

update: we now test it with old software 10.1.... and there it works so it must be a bug in the new software, device in holster will not blocked for power key, from my point of view this is also a reason for battery issues with new software, if the screen turn on every x seconds ...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Re: Holster issue 10.2.0.424 and low battery issue

would be great if someone can approve this issue or maybe confute.