Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: How To OTA Sync BB10 and non-BES Outlook (Details)

Thanks so much for this.  it has certainly been a head scratcher for me.  I have backed up all my outlook info, created a new profile, and added my hotmail account to outlook.  I am now having trouble getting my old information back into outlook into the default containers.  how do i do this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there!

Where and what is the "old information"? If you mean your calendar and contact data, then you simply copy it now back from the PST into which you originally copied it to during "Preparation" step 1.

Depending on how you have it now stored in the PST, you will NOT want to just copy the folder...that will make a subfolder underneath the primary container, which is not the result you want. Rather, you want to select all items in the PST Contact or Calendar folder, and copy them now back to the primary containers.

On the other hand, if you mean something else when you say "old information", please let me know what you mean.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I have been struggling with calendars since getting my Z10 on day one of release.  I purchased Office 365 in the hopes of getting this to work.  I have successfully set up my work exchange email and it's now syncing nicely. Now I need to get my personal email/calendar syncing with my Z10 and PB.  I'm going to follow the steps below but may need a bit of help!

Under "Preparation" can you help with steps 1 and 2? How do I make a separate copy of my calendar and what is .PST?

Where do I find all the configurations needed from my "outlook client"?

Under "Execution" it says to download the hotmail connector but I believe that doesn't apply to outlook 2013.  I've read that several times and when I went to Microsoft downloads, the connector failed to install (I believe because I have 2013).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Contributor
My Device: Z10; Q10; Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon; ATT

Under "Preparation" can you help with steps 1 and 2? How do I make a separate copy of my calendar and what is .PST?

.pst is an Outlook file.  It is used to import/export/backup OUTLOOK files.  I have Outlook 2010 and this is how I copied my calendar info:  

IN Outlook,  click on the "File" tab at the top

Next, click on the "Open" tab and you will see the Import Tab - click that

In the next screen, click on "Export to a file"

Next, click on Outlook Data File (.pst)

Then, "Select Folder to Export From"  - Click on your calendar folder and then it will ask you were to copy to.

The other procedure is a bit different:

After opening Outlook, click on your calendar.

After you can see your calendar, Click at the top tab "File"

Then click on the tab that says "Save Calendar"

The next dialog box will say "Save As"

Choose where you want to save the calendar (and save as *.ics file)

BEFORE YOU SAVE THE FILE:

There is a "More Options" tab.  Click on that and YOU make the determination as to whether you want the entire calendar or portions of it.

There are three tabs:  "Date Range" (I choose "Whole Calendar"); "Details" (I choose "Full Details") and "Advanced" (I check BOTH boxes)  

Then you save it.

You will now have two copies of your calendar (pst and ics formats).  Depending on what you want to do you can use either format.

Good luck.

Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I'll save that info for backing up my calendar.  

A lot of the info I've been finding on this topic was referring to set up using Outlook 2010 or earlier.  I have 2013 so the instructions are slightly different (you don't download the connector).  I managed to find another site that helped me get my outlook.com account linked to my outlook 2013.   That alone was quite an undertaking.   Now my outlook calendar entries also show up in outlook and the "live" tiles on windows 8.  I recently bought a Surface Pro so this is a big step in the right direction.

Tomorrow I will attempt to connect the Z10.  I will refer back to your how-to when I give it a whirl.  If I can get this to work I will be a happy camper.  Fingers crossed!!!

Contributor

Mission accomplished!  Personal and work calendars are on laptop, surface, PB and Z10! 

I feel like I finally put down the last piece of a 1000 piece puzzle I've been working on since March (Z10 release).  

Yipppeee!!!  

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm glad you got going, funcourt. Sorry I was not around to answer your questions quickly (I was at BBLive this week, and just had no free time at all!!), but I see that my friend Eachie took good care of you!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10; Q10; Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon; ATT

Hello FunCourt:  

In case you did not know, Outlook 2010 does not download the connector either.  That's because it is ALREADY a choice within Outlook.  

When you add an email account, chose "Manually configue servers settings...".  On the next dialog screen where you "Choose Service", do NOT choose Email, go down where it says "Other".  Once you click on other, the Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail Connector should be available to you.   

I hope this helps!

Smiley Happy

Contributor

I never did see any reference to the connector.  The first step for me was linking outlook.com with the installed outlook on my 2 computers so that future entries would all sync.  For that, I needed to add my non-hotmail email to my outlook.com account.  The trick there was entering the server as m.hotmail.com and using my microsoft log on password instead of my usual email password.  Once it all tested ok I went back to this forum to figure out the BB configuration and by then I had a better grip on how to make it work.  Again, I needed to use that m.hotmail.com server.  When it was all done I ended up with another account in my hub that I named Outlook.   I have to say, the process was all pretty complicated.  It took a lot of reading and searching through Microsoft, google, crackberry and this forum to come to this place (let's hope it actually works).

I sincerely appreciate all the people who help others in this forum.  They are genuinely helpful and the threads tend to stay on topic while the op's don't get insulted.  Crackberry is not always a fun place to look for answers.  Too much negativity swirling around.

Thank you to all who contribute to this forum!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a real problem using Outlook.Com by Microsoft.  Outlook.Com isn't as bad as Google when it comes to the collection of individuals emails and contacts, but they still do data-mining, data-correlation, data-analytics and predictive data analytics on every individuals emails and contacts.  Blackberry has always been known for having the contacts & calendar sync which works with Outlook 2007-2011, however for some reason Blackberry threw the hardware out of the doors before the software bugs could be remedied.  There's no way I'm trusting Outlook.Com/Microsoft with my emails and contact information.  Remember, individuals dont get anything for free - no email service is doing this just because they're nice - it's all about profit, selling your information to other companies-retailers-government etc....