Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

pittbr wrote:

I tried this and now my bb is stuck with a shredder image on a black screen...now what?

Wait. That's the security wipe running and according to the amount of data on your device it can take 1-3 hours.

After it passes about three hours and has still not completed, remove the battery of your Z10 for a minute, replace to reboot and see what happens.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: A1 unlocked

hey guys, 

i have followed this post and i have kind of the same problem but nothing seems to work for me. the links you guys put up here i can't open on my computer, also not on my ipad or on my phone so it only says website not found or error or i get redirected to another page. 

actually, i wanted to do a wipe of my data from my q10 and wanted to make that through bb link, then i had a shredder image but it didn't do anything for some time so i tried to restart the phone and now i get an error 0015 and i can't connect it to bb link. 

is there anything i can do because i haven't bought my phone from a carrier therefore i have to get it done by myself so please please let me know anything i could do to make it work as soon as possible!

thank you so much in advance!

best regards

stefidragoi, the links work perfectly fine on a Windows PC. That's what you need.

The shredder image means the security wipe is working. the 0015 error is fixable by loading the OS again, either though Link or the Update link on the blackberry.com/upgrade, as described in the directions above.

Another option is to use an autoloader file. Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi @jsanders!

When I open either blackberry.com/upgrade or blackberry.com/update I get redirected to another german page and I can't download anything from there. 

When I try it through Link, first it doesn't recognize my phone and then it does but when I click on the button to update the software, it says that it has lost the connection to my phone so I can't do it through that either.

I will try with Autoloader, I have found your instructions and I am just downloading the file - it takes an hour Smiley Surprised - and I will hope that it works when I plug the phone in to the PC so that it works Smiley Sad

I'm sorry but I don't really know how these things work but it surely scares me that I can't use my phone and I can only rely on what I'm reading here because I have bought the phone from another country therefore I can't bring it back Smiley Sad

Thank you anyways very much!!

stefidragoi, are you in Germany?
How did the update go?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I am in Austria. It totally worked, now it shows me that I can update the software and I just did a backup and now the updating process started. Thank you so much for your help!!

stefidragoi wrote:

I am in Austria. It totally worked, now it shows me that I can update the software and I just did a backup and now the updating process started. Thank you so much for your help!!

Excellent, glad to know it is working. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

Am having an issue since I upgraded my bbq10 to 10.2.1.537 now I can't access my whatsapp anymore,and then I deleted it n redownloaded it again,but still the same problem.
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: mtn nigeria

Pls I need help on that

The WhatsApp servers were down and not working for several hours yesterday. That was an issue with WhatsApp, not your BlackBerry (and has nothing to do with this thread on reloading your BlackBerryOS).

WhatsApp is back up and working now if you'll try again.

Meanwhile, you should encourage your friends to download and use BBM... it's more dependable.

www.bbm.com

Knowledge Base Updates