Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: mobistar belgium

Incompatible device software

I am trying to restore my Z10 after resetting the Z10 because of BB World problem

The Z10 has been updated, but I can not restore my data from my backup

What should I do ??

Any Help is welcome

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Incompatible device software

Hi and Welcome to the Community

The only time I've heard of that happening is if you had a DEV OS at one point, but a production OS at the other. Example...if you took the backup while having a DEV OS, then you can't restore from that backup if you now have a production OS (and the reverse as well). But, if the same OS (Dev vs production) was on your BB at both times (when the backup was taken as well as when the restore is happening) then it should work just fine, and you should not even need the same OS level as was before. Refer:

• KB34129 How to reload the production version of the BlackBerry 10 OS on a smartphone currently running a developer version of the BlackBerry 10 OS

So, consider that (Dev OS vs Production) and see if perhaps that is causal to your situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately it's not a dev OS, it was bought a month ago in France

Charly

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Very odd then...do you know 100% that it was not a Dev OS? While it would be rather strange, it's certainly possible for them to have given you a device with a Dev OS by accident. Had you checked the About screens at that time?

In any event, I find no KBs for your situation, other than that one. Hence, I recommend you seek warranty-level support.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks, any idea how to get in touch with the warranty it's a model

Z10 STL 100 - 2   10.0.9 Bundle 2372

Thanks

Charly

Hall of Famer III

Warranty is, as it has always been, a matter of the original purchase contract. Warranty provisions and methods are dictated at that time...whatever that says is what governs.

Typically, the original place of purchase or an authorized service center are the front-line warranty providing entities...BlackBerry provides no front line support, even for warranty. If you don't know, check your original purchase documentation. If you can't determine from that, then contact your original place of purchase for instructions.

Good luck!