Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MCel

Is there anyone from BB that actually does anything?

I live in a remote part of southeastern Africa...the kind of place where tech support can be hard to come by.  Two months ago, while in the US, I purchased a Z10...I loved it.  then a few weeks ago I attempted to update the OS.  After completing the download (took 4 hours on my wifi) and going through the install process, I got a message saying it had been interrupted and I needed to restart it.  I tried to hit cancel but nothing happened.  Slowly over the next week my phone began a death spiral where different parts slowly stopped working to the point where it wont even boot up now.  it gets to 100% on the loading screen and just stays there till the battery dies.  there's no hard reset button, nothing I can do.  So I come on here looking for help from someone at BB.  I get some advice from some of you nice people to contact my wireless provider.  When I went into the store (a 2 hour trip each way) the nice folks there were unaware this phone actually exists...not a good start.  So I go on twitter to ask blackberry for help (had to create a twitter account and everything just for the privilege of asking a question).  Their solution..."go see the provider".  When I informed them I had done that without resolution I got no response.

So the question remains...what can I do to get my two month old blackberry working or how can I get another one that does work?  Its clearly a software defect in the blackberry...not something my carrier is doing wrong.  This is a Blackberry issue that Blackberry needs to deal with.  I know they dont set out to make phones that **bleep** the bed after two months, so why is it so difficult for me to get a response from anyone there? 

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Is there anyone from BB that actually does anything?

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest to try reloading the most recent version of BlackBerry 10 OS, complete the following:

(Before completing this try backing up the Blackberry Z10 smartphone as shown here http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33526)

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect the smartphone using the micro USB cable.
  3. At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the  Computer tab.
  4. Select settings.
  5. Under Reload Device Software, select  Reload.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let know if you have any questions.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is there anyone from BB that actually does anything?

BlackBerry support has generally been handled by the carrier that sold you your device. It's been this way for decades.  You will get much faster response time from the carrier who sold you the BlackBerry.