02-17-2014 08:37 AM
When I upgraded phone to the latest OS Version, I can pair my Bluetooth to my car Bluetooth car kit from MB, BUT when I switch off the car and restart it will not pick the connection back up with the phone, I need to remove the connections on the phone and car kit and pair them again, BlackBerry a big Fail.
I also noticed that my email is not coming in on all my email accounts, when I do a restart from the phone all all comes back in, BlackBerry Big Fail.
Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.
02-24-2014 04:45 PM
Following the steps below worked for me to establish a perfect connection between my Z10 (STL100-3) on ATT using OS 10.2.1.2141 and my 2012 ML350.
Delete the Blackberry profile from the MB Comand center and the MB Bluetooth profile from your Blackberry handset – reset your Comand (keep pressing the Volume button, until it reboots and restart your phone (keep pressing the volume up and down buttons together until the screen goes blank – yes, it makes a free screenshot as well)
Create a new pairing (accept codes in handset and in Comand) and answer the popup question in your handset (that you trust the MB Comand or something like that).
IMPORTANT: After the pairing is made and the handset asks to select the car maker (Mercedes, Smart or Maybach), just select "Ask later"
Check the MB Bluetooth profile by keep pressing it until the options come up on the right side. Select the 4 transverse bars (properties) and make sure that the option of hands-free was there and it is ON.
At this point I was able to make calls, and the phone reconnected even after the engine and the Comand were completely shut down. After each reconnection the "Car selection" screen kept popping up and the second time I tested I made the daring move and selected Mercedes. The connection works flawlessly since then.
Apparently, the initial connection is a generic one (although, the Mercedes emblem appears on the connection) and after we select the maker "Mercedes" some specific settings are activated. This is the point where a glitch occurred since OS 10.2.1.1055, where I first encountered the problem. And this is why most people don't experience the issue, because it is specific to MB and a few other maker settings.
I hope the guys at Blackberry follow this post and this will help with fixing the problem.
02-25-2014 02:58 PM
Well, I have updated my Z10 to the latest software on 10th Feb and keep having problems with receiving my emails. It worked fine first, but then I travelled to the US and since landing there I have to re-enter the serveraddress for my email account. Sometimes it works right away and then emails come in, but a few minutes later I get a message that my account is not connected anymore and emails do not come in. I then have to delete the serveraddress and enter it again, which sometimes gives me the message that my account could not be identified and then after a few more tries it suddenly works (again only for a few minutes). I have restarted the phone. Have deleted and again created the account on the BB and I have even deleted the whole phone and set it back to original settings and gone through the whole set up again. Still no change!!!!!!!
In the meantime I am very frustrated and so are my IT colleagues who want me to change to an I-phone!!! But I would prefer to keep the BB but only if this problem gets fixed soon.