Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Swisscom

It can't be that difficult

[ Edited ]

Dear BB,

Until now I never complained about anything you did with your devices and OS. But now I can't stand it any longer. With the new OS 10.1.0.4181 you changed the Calendar theme from black to white. How is it possible, that out of a sudden you change the user experience of your OS? One of the reason why I bought the Q 10 was because of its look and feel. For me, the BB Theme has to be black, hence the name BLACK Berry. I read in some Forums that some users complained about the black theme and now it seems that your are listening to their complaint. But what about us who simply dislike the white theme and want it to be black? Now the Forums fill whit complaints about the white theme and they're right because you advertised the new OS 10 to be energy efficient and one reason was because the black themes don't drain so much Battery power. Please BB add a switch in the settings, so that the people can decide if they wan't their theme white or black. A switch isn't that difficult to program.

I am also concerned about the Battery consumption after the update. The BB seems to drain 1% energy per 5 min. This is a significant increase of Battery drain over the last OS version.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: It can't be that difficult

Hi,
I am also in the same boat, slower OS, and huge power drain.I first updated the OS through link, then I had to do it all again, with a security wipe, hopefully this is only temporary as the contacts are getting sync in thé background(this is an assumption, as on other OS it is clear when the last synchronisation was done..)

I also liked the black calendar better! Why not giving us the choice of background color? It is crazy to dictate a color after getting used to the black..

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Not cool guys! 

The white background does change the experience and thus the value of the product.  That's not how to treat customers.

Please consider adding a switch to bring us back in black.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Hi guys, I totally agree on this post. BlackBerry give us a chance to choose for white or black theme. I liked the black theme very much. Also the white theme drain my battery!!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I don't like to say it, but my phone is heating up when I am calling. I didn't have this problem before the latest up date 10.1.0.4181
I like my Q10 very much but the heat is making a call a burden. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I agree 100% with all of the above comments. I've been a dedicated Blackberry smartphone user since the original 5810 headset version and just switched to the new Q10. This is by far the worst visual experience I've had on any of the phones I've owned, including the monochrome versions. There's something about the new screen technology that makes the white background in Blackberry Hub almost blinding and if I lower the brightness it just makes it more difficult to read due to loss of contrast. The advertising literature states that the new screen is capable of 16M colors but yet we're stuck with black text on a white background when trying to read and reply to emails throughout the day.

Ideally I would really like to see something that looks like a classic CRT terminal - green text on a black background, where the device's brightness control only effectively changes how bright the green text is. I'm sure other users also have a personal preference that could be easily satisfied by allowing the choice of a foreground and background color. Seems pretty simple.

If anyone from RIM reads these forums, please pass along the suggestion to allow a choice of text foreground and background colors in the Blackberry Hub.

Thanks,
Brian