Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

Keeping the Operating system cleaned and tuned.

[ Edited ]

Is there a utility to clean up any junk left on the phone from trial app installs and downloads?   CCleaner and similar work a treat on PCs for cleaning bowser cookies, browser history, browser cache, etc and cleaning up the registry plus a bunch of other items.   I am looking for an app that would do the same thing on my Z30.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Keeping the Operationg system cleaned and tuned.

That's because Android apps can be fairly messy while BB10 apps are fairly well contained, removing the app for the most part will remove everything associated with it.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Re: Keeping the Operationg system cleaned and tuned.

If you run a lot of Android apps on your phone then I can recommend Clean Master (Android app) which seems to be fairly good. It can also look for old or large apps which is all you really need on the BB10 side to keep it maintained.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: Keeping the Operating system cleaned and tuned.

[ Edited ]

BBSJdev wrote:

If you run a lot of Android apps on your phone then I can recommend Clean Master (Android app) which seems to be fairly good. It can also look for old or large apps which is all you really need on the BB10 side to keep it maintained.

Thanks for that.   I'll have a look.   I just got my Z30 and it seems as though Android versions of apps I've been looking at are better supported than the same ones on BBworld.   Free trial versions not available on BBworld, outdated versions on BBworld, some just not available at all on BBworld.   Kind of forced to take Android.

Contributor

On a separate but similar vein, is there any way to read a media card which was formatted on a Z30 on a PC?

When I insert mine into my card reader the PC prompts to format the card.

Developer

Did you encrypt it then no.

Why can't you read it via the USB cable on the PC?

Contributor

No encryption. I can read the card when it is in the z30 via the USB but not if I put it in a card reader on a PC.

I was hoping to be able to swap cards on the fly and download info from them to a pc when opportune.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10
My Carrier: TSEL

make sure the memory card is inserted well in the card reader or try different card reader whether it has the same result or not

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The card should be readable from both, either way from the device or in an adapter on the PC.

What size card is this?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

SanDisk 64GB. I was able to format the card in the reader. When it was inserted into the phone it wouldn't recognise it and prompted to format which I did. It works in the phone but now can not be read in the card reader. Am I correct in assuming the z30 uses a non Windows type format?