Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Geocell

Language support?

Hello,

Is it possible to install jad or cod files on Blackberry Z10?

I need Georgian language for work and i used to have ReadGeorgian software for Bold 9900, which was jad file made by someone. But now i can not install that and i see boxes for webpages and every document which is in georgian.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Language support?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

.jad and .cod files were for pre-BB10 devices. BB10 is a totally different OS, requiring a totally different format for apps to be installed to it. You need to ask the developer if they plan on creating their app for BB10.

If they are not, then if you can find (or create) a .bar file, you can side-load it to the Z10 (this is how we run Android apps on BB10 and PlayBook...side loading).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Geocell

Thank you for your reply.

Where can i ask developers for this ?

And if you know can anyone convert Georgian fonts installer APK file to bar file?

I have seen many APK files already converted to Bar files. Maybe this can be a solve to font problem?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lado1991 wrote:

Where can i ask developers for this ? 

If the app in question is in AppWorld, the use a PC/browser and go to the AppWorld catalog page for the app...on that page will be contact information for the developer.

If the app is from somewhere else, you'll need to inquire there to find out how to contact the developer.

If you presently have the app on some other device, there might be developer contact information within the app itself on that device.

lado1991 wrote:

And if you know can anyone convert Georgian fonts installer APK file to bar file?

I've recently been researching the possibility of, with access to APK files, creating my own .bar files. But I've not gotten very far with it. As far as I can tell, you can install a free app onto a PC and then use an on-line conversion site. Do some research (via Google) and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

lado1991 wrote:

I have seen many APK files already converted to Bar files. Maybe this can be a solve to font problem? 

There are many public .bar sites out there where folks have already converted some apps for side loading. But, for example in my case, I wanted Plume for Twitter as I prefer it over the native BB Twitter app...but the public .bar files I've so far found are for prior versions (4.x) while the production app has moved up to 5.x...hence my investigating if I can figure out how to create my own .bar files.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10
My Carrier: 3

lado1991 wrote:

I need Georgian language...

Can someone help me ?

BB10 supports Georgian letters since 10.1 and 'KeyboMagic' allows you to type in Georgian:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Application-Announcements/quot-KeyboMagic-quot-Type-in-Bulgar...