Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: old 88 something tri-band
My Carrier: Verizon

Limit on number of contacts?

my 3 year old blackberry won't store more than about 28,000 contacts. Adding SD card memory did not help since contacts cant' get stored there. I need to store about 80,000 contacts and would like to have room for at least 100,000. Android phones can't deal with this because of their cloud issues. I have no trouble in iphone 5 but there are many other things about Apple that I can't stand.

So my question is, will I get into trouble trying to put in 100,000 contacts on a Z10. The Verizon store tech was clueless as was his manager. Verizon tech support simply says buy and try it. I  need to know for sure, before I swithc phone numbers.

( I have little use for music, video, movies etc, so assume that I am storing just contacts and emails/text messages)

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Limit on number of contacts?

Hey gxbaxter,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The memory on the BlackBerry 8830 smartphone does not come close to the BlackBerry Z10.  You can put 100,000 contacts within the memory on the BlackBerry Z10.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!