Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300, Playbook 32, Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Limited Number Of Accounts

I utilize Many email accounts - and never reached a limit on my 9300 but my Q10 says I can not add any more accounts, i'm at my limit. Is this a hard limit (hardware or OS simply can not handle it) or can we request this feature to be expanded? Better yet, is there a workaround?

Contributor

Re: Limited Number Of Accounts

No response at all? The hub loses significance. Sure I can have addresses forward to ones already in the hub but then I can't send from them. I need to compartmentalize my various businesses, organizations, financial, etc....

Contributor

Sooner or later I hope this will be addressed. I love my BlackBerry life but I need this upper ceiling raised or removed. I don't want to think about alternatives. Is there some limitation to BB10 that causes this and I need to go to an older OS?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's been ten in the past. What are you seeing the limit on #BlackBerry10?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have 6 email accounts, twitter, and facebook on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I have:

• 9 GMail accounts (email only)
  • 1 Hotmail account (email, contacts, calendar)
  • 1 Yahoo account (email only)
  • 1 Evernote account
  • 1 Twitter account
  • 1 FaceBook account
  • 1 LinkedIn account
  • BBM
  • SMS

All are visible as selections in my HUB for all functions and features. So, I'm actually not sure what the limit is, if there is one at all. Hence, the OP may need to provide more details about what happens when attempting to configure additional accounts.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

So, sdgardne, by my math, you have 11 email accounts integrated?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yup...11...on Z10...haven't integrated all of those to Q10 yet.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this in my hub:

1 AOL email

1 Walla email

4 of my Gmail emails

1 varial tech domain email

4 hostpapa domain emails

facebook, twitter, linkedin,

BBM, foursquare, calls, voicemail, PIN (these five not listed under accounts)

When I go to add another account it says:

Too many Accounts

You have reached the maximum number of accounts. Please delete an account and try again.

11 does seem to be the limit with BB10.

I had a few more on my Curve 9300 OS 5 (13+) and then also after upgrading to OS 6.

The reason I got the Q10 was for dealing with emails. I hope this limit will be raised. It doesn't seem like a memory thing. It seems weird that 10 is more limited than 5 or 6. I never used 7.  

Does the social media take up email account slots?  Does anyone know a way around this limit?

Actually, on the legacy BBOS, ten was the limit, so you could have had more, unless there was some anomoly with your device.

I don't think the social media take up email slots for the limit.

Knowledge Base Updates