Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Lock Screen notifications disappeared 10.2.1

I own a z10 and I updated the OS to 10.2.1 on 28 Jan and my phone had been working fine until 3 days ago. I was unable to locate my phone so used BlackBerry Protect to ring the loud alarm to locate the handset, once I found my handset I saw that all the lock screen notifications and camera icon on the lock screen had disappeared. The settings have them all turned On but they do not appear on the lock screen.

I have done device resets and battery resets but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Is there anyone out there who is experiencing the same issue or any workable solutions. Would love to hear from BlackBerry themselves, customer support have been useless unless I pay $49.
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Lock Screen notifications disappeared 10.2.1

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I had the same problem. I too updated the OS, lost my phone and used Blackberry Protect. I turned Blackberry Protect off and the notifications reappeared. When I went back to Blackberry Protect and played the sound, my notifications disappeared again.  Ugh.  

Nat

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the comment Nat,

I came across a similar post on the Crackberry forums and someone suggested turning on the device password and that seemed to get the notifications working again.
Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Yes, even i used the Blackberry protect, and post then my notficiation disaapeared. Have tried restarting, battery pull, turn Blackberry protect on and off (both) and also switched on device password, but nothing worked. WOuld be great if anyone can help. I'm on offical 10.2.1 Z10.

My Carrier: Telus

Hello, 

I've got mine working again.  I went back to the Blackberry Protect website and used it to display a message to my lock screen.  Once I did that, the lock screen notifications returned.  I turned off the password and it's still working.  

Hope this helps,

Nat

My Device: Z 3
My Carrier: Rilance

Same problem with my Z3 and I have tried everything you all said but not working..Please help

My Device: BlackBerry Z3
My Carrier: 9727752151

Dear Sir,

I have Blackberry Z3 Smart phone. Last few days i am not abale to show notifications in lock scree.

Please help

My Device: BlackBerry Z3
My Carrier: 9727752151

[ Edited ]

I have tried everything.

{REMOVED}

{REMOVED}

{REMOVED}

Mod Edit: Edited post to remove personal information to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

Visitor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Entel

Hi guys!

I had the same problem, nmieles you're right! I went to the blackberry protect website and I sent a random message to my device, next I wrote the password (on my Z10) then the notifications and camera shortcut returned to the lock screen again. If you don´t have a password at the blackberry protect site you'll asked make one.

Now I have to solve the constant loss of connection every time I share internet from my Z10 to my laptop and when I navigate from my phone.... 15 min, connected, 30 min. disconnected... and so on... If you have an idea, glad to hear.

greetings!!

Pd: I hope you understand my english, I'm from Chile and my native language is Spanish.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: MTS Ukraine

guys...

after using blackberry protect  ( playing sound remotely ) , locating my device... I now have exactly the same problem with notifications.

so, what I did is:

1. already tried restarting my BBz10 , setting the device password but no luck so far.

2. had locked my phone remotely via bb protect . then unlocked it

3. sent a remote message to my phone...

4. unlocked my phone 

5. has sent a custom text message from other phone ( actually I used a web service of my operator )

6. Profit ! message has been displayed on my lock screen !

RIM company, could you please fix the issues people are facing ? I understand that this is not a 'blocker' for you as you have a workaround and this issue is just 'critical' then. but it really impacts the end user experience.

can somebody from forum deliver this message to BBM team ? I can provide any logs requested