Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Lost ability to use text message (SMS) after update!

I updated the device software on my Z10 last night and since then cannot compose or reply to a text message.  I have tried pulling the battery (more than once) and deleting and recreating but nothing is working.  Please help!! 

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Lost ability to use text message (SMS) after update!

Hello Palindrome,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Can you please confirm a few examples of some situations where this issue may occur?

1. Did the device lost power (for example, battery was removed) during the installation process of the software update?

2. Did the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone have an unreleased version of the BlackBerry 10 OS installed before the update?

To resolve the issue you are having we will most likely have to reload the BlackBerry 10 OS using BlackBerry Link.

I look forward to your reply!

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Germany)

Re: Lost ability to use text message (SMS) after update!

Hi all, the same issue at my device. Just update from the provider. Everything looks good. But after the reboot the result: all SMS were lost. Many users are affected (in other communities too)

No specificies.... the device was connected with the power plug during the complete update.

I'm wonder because there are a official post by BlackBerry at the knowledge base since beginning of August:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB34819&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Do you really don't know about this issue? This is very discussed in many forums...