Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Many contacts are not visible to alphabetical browse on Contacts after update to OS 10.2 on the Z10

After updating to 10.2 on Z10  many contacts do not appear on the Contacts list, but if I search for them, I get them one at a time. I can't browse for them, but they are still in a file somewhere. That file is no longer fully connected to the Contacts app, it seems. I'm going to call the two alternatives the "browsible" list when I refer to the Contact app working correctly and lsiting the contact alphabetically; and the "non-browsible" list, when I can only find them by a search.

One other thing of interest. When I add a contact that is in the same name as one on the non-browsible, I will get a message asking me if I want to replace the [old] contact. If I say yes, the new contact listing joins the hidden list and replaces what was there. If I say no, I get the contact added to the browsible Contact app. Thereafter, if I search on that name I get two hits: one is the old, non-browsible entry and the other is the new one that is browsible.

I did the 10.2 update when I was running the older BB link on a WinXP computer and it did not work to create a back-up, so I can't try restore. I now run Win7 64-bit and the new link seems to work okay,  but that was installed after I upgraded to 10.2..

Any suggestions as to where I go to find the hidden contact entries on the non-browsible list? And how I get them to appear on the alphabetical, browsible, list when Contacts is opened?

Thanks for all answers.

Ken