Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Media player info Peek concept

I was reading a thread on minimizing the volume image that pops up everytime you adjust the volume buttons, and it got me thinking about what could be done to facilitate the music information pop up that comes onto the screen while listening to music (see image below for an example of what i'm talking about).

The issue with this method is that it requires the user to adjust the volume or pause the song to get this info to show up. Obviously if you're listening to something at the right volume you don't want to raise, lower the volume or pause the song just to see this information come up. So it got me thinking about what could be done to show this information, both efficiently and with minimal interruption of your current task. And I came up with the concept below.

This would be added to the home gesture, much like how the user would do this to see what type of notifications they have received, they can simply swipe up quickly look at what song is playing and get back to their work or whatever they were doing previously. Considering the phone has the key shortcuts I felt like having the seek and pause buttons on the pop up screen to be redundant and unnecessary. I'm not going to adjust the volume or pause the music every-time I want to use the on-screen seek/pause options to switch the song. I think this concept could really make use of an otherwise empty slice of screen real estate that could be put to better use. Ofcourse if the media player isn't running, then the spot at the bottom would be blank as it is currently.

What do you think?

P.S. added the date bar idea from another thread just for giggles. My phone doesn't actually show me the date info when I do the home gesture.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Media player info Peek concept

Is there another section for feedback like this, or this the only forum section to post stuff like this?