Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Miracast on the BlackBerry 10 Platform

Hi All,

iam glad to inform you that miracast will be available on the BlackBerry 10 platforms soon. This will be groung breaking for all. play & share anything thats on your BlackBerry device on your TV , laptop. tablets & other phones too. your phone basically becomes the second screen.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Miracast on the BlackBerry 10 Platform

I just noticed it on my phone running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047 and wasn't sure what it was. Looks cool!

Thanks for sharing your info with us. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

[ Edited ]

What exactly is Miracast

I can already show everything on my phone on any device that accept HDMI feed

Sorry for my ignorance

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

It's like HDMI, but wireless.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

This is great! I have a Z10 so can't use Miracast, but as I was researching a potential tablet for this purpose, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my wife's Q10 can.

My big question: can it extend screen so that it can be showing one app on the TV while still doing something else on the phone? Since we don't have a Miracast device quite yet (Xbox One coming), I'd love to hear from others who have tested it.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

yes you can extend the scree show an app on tv while you do something else on your device

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Orange

OK, why there's no miracast support in the z10 after everyone has paid for an expensive phone now you guys don't care and try to fix it releasing a new one!!? That why this company new floats more because of that, even the iPhone 4s which was released in 2011 support mirroring and my old laptop (comparing between years) so, I don't really get it... sadly, I see myself regretting my change...
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobinil

I really regret having z10 for the following reasons:
1- my old BlackBerry Bold9900 runs Viber but for my new Z10 no viber!!!
2- All my Android and Windows devices can run miracast to display wirelessly to my Net gear PTV3000 while my z10 can't!!! Although Q10 & Z30 can which more frustrating why not z10

It's time for RIM to wake up and try to keep remaining customers loyal otherwise the Real End is coming soon which such lag of innovation compared to other exciting platforms
Contributor

I have the z10 and z30. You can wireless connect your music video and photos. Go to settings and then go to Media Sharing. Search your DLNA device and active them. I watch my music video etc on my smart Tv every day it works great Regarding your Z10 it has a HDMI port which I use for movies sometimes. Your Z10 also has NFC technology which I use everyday to pay for things. Yes I use my phone to pay for stuff, it is impressive. You can do that with the iPhone android etc. I can go on and on. The Z10 is still a better phone then the IPhone. FYI the new FM feature that just got activated with the new OS works only on the Z30, Q10 and Q5 you can listen to local fm station and not use data. Just get a Z30 I gave my Z10 to my daughter.

Contributor

Try using DLNA on the Z10. My Z30 has Miracast. I never use it. I prefer to use DLNA to connect to other devices.