Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

My Z10 will charge off my PC but the internal and external drives will not mount letting windows explorer see them. I have set the device to connect using windows and wi-fi is off.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Z10 will charge off my PC but the internal and external drives will not mount letting windows explorer see them. I have set the device to connect using windows and wi-fi is off.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Have you yet installed LINK to your PC? It is required so as to also install the necessary device drivers to your PC so that it can properly communicate with your BB device.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: My Z10 will charge off my PC but the internal and external drives will not mount letting windows explorer see them. I have set the device to connect using windows and wi-fi is off.

I have installed link and then when it happened I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it and is seems to work.  It says that it is syncing my files but I do not really know if it is.  After the sync is shows my device but does not map out the usuage on my device.  My phone still charges from the usb just will not mount the drives.  I am not sure if I accidentally deleted a service or shut off one on the phone or if it was a software upgrade and that is messing me up.

New Contributor

I have installed link and then when it happened I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it and is seems to work.  It says that it is syncing my files but I do not really know if it is.  After the sync is shows my device but does not map out the usuage on my device.  My phone still charges from the usb just will not mount the drives.  I am not sure if I accidentally deleted a service or shut off one on the phone or if it was a software upgrade and that is messing me up.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

What about this setting?

• Settings > Storage and Access  > USB Connection

Is that set correctly?

Otherwise, there are probably a number of different KBs that might apply to your situation...I recommend that you search the public KB database to see if any articles are of use to your situation:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I have it set to Windows

thanks though

Have searched there and tried some of the remedies but none seem to work

If I reset my phone does it wip my sd card?

Hall of Famer III

"reset" is not an available command. Wipe is, but not reset...unless you are talking about "Reset to Factory" via Link. In any event, none of those methods should wipe your SD card...but, if you are worried, you can of course simply remove it before conducting whichever "reset" activity you are considering.