Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TWN

My blackberry z10 battery is dead. What should I do?

I have two official Z10 batteries. One of them stopped charging yesterday. It is charged up to 11% and indicated full and won't go any further. Both batteries are less than one year......

I didn't know what to do and whether I can return to my carrier to exchange for a new one?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: My blackberry z10 battery is dead. What should I do?

how are you charging the battery?
yes since they are recent you can test your carrier and see if they care about their customers Smiley Happy

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Put the dead battery in the phone and turn it on and leave it until its is dead and the phone has turned itself off. Recharge it and see where the charge level is. Repeat several times to see if it returns to 100% capacity. If it still says 11% after the first discharge then I would say the battery is pooched!

Do not continually recharge the phone after partial discharges of the battery. 

I use two ways to charge my phone. One is to connect the phone to computer via USB and the other is to use the RIM manufactured charger to charge my battery. 

Anyway, I found out the battery has 6 months warranty so I sent the battery to my carrier to fix....hopefully, I will get a new one for replacement. 

OK!!! Thanks! However, it is very hard for not charing partially because when I connect the phone to computer via Blackberry link to backup my phone....then it will start to charge my phone automatically........

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Unlocked

I guess it will still have warranty. Why don't you get it replaced ?