Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: telus

Need to import data into Q10 from old Bold that is now lost

I have my old Bold data (contacts, media, etc.) backed up on my computer as a .ipd file using BlackBerry desktop manager.  I want to load that info into my new Q10.  BlackBerry Link says i need to connect my old phone to the computer first.  Unfortunately my old phone has been lost.  So how do i load the old Bold data into my new Q10 without the actual Bold phone?  Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Need to import data into Q10 from old Bold that is now lost

...because what is the point of backing up your data if you can't access it?
New Contributor

So obviously I am frustrated.  I tried downlading a few different .ipd reader programs.  They all suck and they all download a bunch of stupid toolbars and **bleep** as well.  There is one reader for $20 but i have no idea if it will work.  

You would think that RIM would have a way to do this.  And this forum is the best i can do for support on this issue?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can anyone comment on the effectiveness of this program?  I don't want to spend $25 on something that doesnt work 100%.

BlackBerry Backup Extractor

http://www.blackberryconverter.com/free-download/

I think its rediculous that RIM doesn't provide a free way to do this.  I guess some things get overlooked when you fire all your employees.