Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

New contact synchronisation with remote account

Hi,

On my Z10, I have a few accounts set up :

- 1x Business ActiveSync (email+cal+contacts)

- 2x Google accounts (email+cal+contacts)

- Facebook

- LinkedIn

- Twitter

While I love the integration and the links the phone can make between all of that, I still wish my data to be saved accordingly my usage.

Currently, if I create a new contact from my phone, I will be able to find it at least on my business contact list and my two google accounts.

Obviously, I wish to keep a clear cut between all of this, which is why I have more than 1 account !

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't seen an area somewhere in the new contact creating process to select on which account(s) I want the contact to be synchronised with. A bit like when you create a new event in your calendar, you can choose on which calendar the event is created.

Ideally, on top of being able to choose the account, I would like to be able to specify a remote contact folder, and create one of it doesn't exist. For example, I would like my contacts created on my Z10 to be remotely synchronised on my ActiveSync account only (and not the google ones) and to be put in the folder "Z10 Contacts". I will move them after if needed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: New contact synchronisation with remote account

Hey polytan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

When you add a contact on the BlackBerry Z10 it will synchronize with all your email accounts that have "Contact Sync" turned on.

Thanks for the feedback on the remote contract folder, currently this option is not available on the BlackBerry Z10.  

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!