Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

New phone issues with Contacts not loading

I got a new phone on the weekend (Z30) and have been having issues with the "Contacts".  It doesn't seem to be reading ANYTHING on the phone.  It doesn't find the contacts from:

• the SIM
  • BBM
  • email
  • facebook
  • NOTHING

When I open BBM->Contacts, there are 24.  When I put the SIM in a different phone, the default numbers show up in the contacts, 411, #Taxi, etc.  When I open the base "Contacts" app on  the main screen, NADA!  It has been more than 48 hours so this isn't a problem of "just wait for it to sync".

I have been setting up 2 phones, I did a security/factory wipe on the first and that seemed to fix the problem.  I'd really rather not have to re-setup the other if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New phone issues with Contacts not loading

When you open the Contacts application touch the bottom left corner and select BBM to see if you can then see your different individual contact accounts. What is listed there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Nothing.  Clicking on any filter just says "No Contacts".  Go back to BBM->Contacts, there are 24.  Go to Contacts->BBM = 0!

Couldn't be patient any further, did a full security wipe on the 2nd one too.  Fixed it.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That was going to be my suggestion and if that didn't fix it then an OS reload.

Glad you got it going.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!