Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

No handset audio after bluetooth

Hen I drive, I use bluetooth. When at home or work I use the handset. On my Z10, after using bluetooth, and I turn that off in settings, disconnecting the device, the next calls I make don't have handset available. I hear the caller on the phone but they can't hear me. I can use speakerphone but it isn't always an option. I cannot toggle from speakerphone to handset.

This is a core phone function. How quickly will this be resolved?

Thanks.
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: No handset audio after bluetooth

Hey tcotant,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If you restart the BlackBerry Z10, is the handset speaker working again?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 are you using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If I restart the entire phone with Bluetooth turned off, I can make a call using the Handset. However, next time I turn on Bluetooth, and from then on until I reset the phone again with BT off, it will not work. Obviously I don't want to have to reset the phone all of the time - I got rid of my Bold 9700 because of that. Smiley Happy

I am using OS 10.0.10.85 (T-Mobile's latest, according to the phone and T-Mobile). When I called T-Mobile, they indicated that it was a known issue that would either come in a patch "soon", or in their version of 10.1. I'm not sure of the timeframe of either of those, but I can tell you this is a major pain to have such a core functionality (remember, it's a phone!) not working.

Thanks for replying.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what happens if you simply leave your car and let the Bluetooth on?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: