Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Notification reverts to Silent Mode

After reading posts, my problem sounds a little different than onthers are having with notifications. My Z10 will revert to Silent mode each morning. When it happens, I go back and set it to Normal notifications. It is almost as if it took on the attributes of my old 9800 Torch when I copied my preferences to my Z10 using BB link. I know this is probably not the case, but worth mentioning since I know you cannot currently establish auto on/off schedule like you could in OS7 or older.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Notification reverts to Silent Mode

Hello randynjaimie

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Have a look at the following article regarding your issue. 

No sound, vibration, or LED notifications occur for incoming phone calls or messages received on a B...

You will want to keep checking the article for update. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

When you say it is on silent mode, do you actually see the bell with the line through it on the home screen? (silent profile indicator)
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Yes. It seems to remain in that state in the morning after being on the charger and in nighttime mode overnight. I have to manually put it back to normal notification after waking it up. A real pain if I forget.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom

Solution! 
1) While playing the music: 
2) Open the back cover, 
3) Touch the connection buzzer on the back (right under battery location). I even now manage to apply pressure to the block-area without removing the cover, while playing music. Works! 
4) Fixed!

I actually had my BlackBerry replaced before I knew the Solution. Not even the carriers know this solution! Thank you BlackBerry for another issue on the Flagship model. Disappointed. ...and this from a Massive loyal BlackBerry user... and creating this forum account to be able to help other users, Pain!

Found the Solution here:
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/no-sound-problem-z10-not-like-other-people-781693/
New Contributor

Not the solution for this problem.