Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

[ Edited ]

so i have rebooted phone, connected to pc, blackberry link software boots up, tried to sync my pics/music, guess what, it's still the same.

got some new errors now:

getting lots more errors in the event viewer now:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\MailServerMAPIProxy64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.ATL,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{AF7EBCA4-9FAF-4DC8-8D09-67854BB84D34}\recordingmanager.exe". Dependent Assembly rpshellextension.1.0,language="*",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

The IP address lease 169.254.142.82 for the Network Card with network address 0x426F2A088689 has been denied by the DHCP server 169.254.166.153 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

23 months to go for my next phone, it WON'T be a blackberry.

as to the link software, the only place you can get it is from the blackberry site. o2 do not support the software, just the phone hardware and tariffs.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Your front line support for all Blackberry products is your carrier. They will forward you to Blackberry if they cannot resolve the issue. This includes Blackberry Link.

If you are having real issues, call your carrier, and it seems like a few of you need to make that call. Smiley Happy

Complaining here and threatening to leave Blackberry likely won't get these issues resolved. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

chips2u wrote:

The IP address lease 169.254.142.82 for the Network Card with network address 0x426F2A088689 has been denied by the DHCP server 169.254.166.153 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

honestly,

that sandie did not take care of your BlackBerry Link issue at all. She took care of another thing, that was not even an issue for you.

But the issue highlighter above (DHCP server) simply means that there is an issue with your internet connection.

I do not have much knowledge on the installation process of the BlackBerry Link on Windows, but it seems that BlackBerry Link does not have sufficient rights to connect to the internet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

well i have chatted to a guru guy on o2 for 20 minutes, and he has the exact same problem as me, and he said theres an update coming mid-march that should address a few problems including the link software.

heres hoping.

btw. just tried to update my phone to v.10.0.10.261. no go still on v10.0.9348

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9810, 9360, 9780, 8220 playbook

Terrible unit. I had 3. I finally after 4 years gave into my son and let min go back to iphone! My wife don't care for the z10! I'm just ticked at the whole idea.  My playbook is my only modern bb now. I have had all the same problems and more. In Canada bb decided to drop personal emails. All my configurations were configured to my carrier/BlackBerry email. I bought into the idea of all touch cause they had the accleratometer. Mine hardly ever worked. I got screen freezes and glitches screens when the display actually worked. Then the battery issue. They sometimes were not even charging because the connectors were not catching. The battery did not last long either.....  What is bb doing? One thing for sure. They lost lots of business and tried to get new users at the cost of old ones. Pure capitalism from a monarchy company. If the q10 don't work out. I have no clue what I'm going to do.   Maybe carry a 10 digit style flip......

Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi,
my only gripe at the moment is the LINK software. i can live with little bugs and different ways to doing things.

i would like the option to add folders in the app selections (you know like my daughters 3gs iphone does). then i wouldn't need 4 screens to scroll through to get to my apps/games.

ah well gotta live with it for a couple of years. then see whats about then.

Forums Advisor III

You can add folders, simply push and hold an icon until they all start moving then drag an icon onto another and they will become a folder. You will be asked for a name. Then simply drop as many in there as you want or create another folder. Smiley Happy

Many other features also exist, you just need to learn how to use them. Don't be afraid to search this forum or ask questions here. There is lots of user to user help here in the community. Smiley Wink
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Contributor

edit: took me a while to get it to work, but hey it did, thanks.
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

Glad it worked out. Smiley Happy

My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: rogers

Just buy an iPhone. Even an iphone 3gs would be far more superior than the Blackberry z10. I converted to an iPhone 4s and i definatley do not miss any of the issues with blackberry.