Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

To each his iOwn. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Carrier: o2

well, i have been trying to install the new v1.01 link software, it gets so far installing, then rolls back and says the installation was interrupted and finishes. brilliant i say.

so stuck with the old one. still the same.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Don't really have any issues requiring resets or reboots and So far a good phone but that is about the extent of it. 

I find it incredible that RIM did not:

1. at least match the features in Desktop Manager for Blackberry Link. 
  2. Can't sync calendar and contacts with Outlook (business users must be going nuts),
  3. can't copy/paste a number into the phone dialer, links in web pages like phone numbers can't be selected to dial on phone or to go to links,
  4. Blackberry Bridge does not work,
  5. and the small take for granted issues continues to be uncovered.

Did find a contact/calendar/tasks/memo sync program for Z10 and Outlook called DegaOffice BUT you can't access the contacts on the phone to dial.  Why else would one have a contact list on the phone if not to use as a phone book for dialing purposes.  Couple that with not being able to copy/paste into the phone dialer and the pain is great.

Hurry RIM or after 25+ years of blackberry use will be going the iPhone route.  Right now RIM has done one of the greatest marketing moves to move people away from Blackberry, not draw them to it!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9810, 9360, 9780, 8220 playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Ya. Thats to bad. Ive gotten rid of 6 of them now. I will try the q10. If all fails. Then back from to the 9900. 

Contributor
My Carrier: EE on the UK 4G Network

I have used blackberrys now for the last few phones but I am close to binning this Z10.

1. I get many emails and need to delete more than one at a time, before on previous models you just tap the top one, hold shift and tap the bottom one and delete. This model you have to tap every **bleep** one of your emails before you can delete. No fun if you have 200+ you need to get rid of

2. This latest update. I have tried about 6 time now without success.

Point 1 is my main problem, if not solved very soon, its the last blackberry I ever get
Contributor

More Gripes:

1. The staff in the shops selling the models or over the phone support cannot help or seem clueless

2. The above direct you to blackberry for support but there seems to be no way of contacting blackberry at all, just masses of forums and self help subjects

Point 1 I can live with, point 2 there is NO excuse, blackberry need to sort this urgently before they lose more customers who then spread the negative world and then they lose more. In my opinion, not having a direct line of contact with your customers is a sure way of isolating them. There are plenty of other choices out there and they need to wise up quick

Contributor

Maybe a live chat line or email them back. I have wasted numerous hours on these issues when maybe they could sort them out quickly
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

shrinkpolymersystems wrote:
I have used blackberrys now for the last few phones but I am close to binning this Z10.

Before you jump to conclusions about what doesn't work and what does, please ask questions.

1. I get many emails and need to delete more than one at a time, before on previous models you just tap the top one, hold shift and tap the bottom one and delete. This model you have to tap every **bleep** one of your emails before you can delete. No fun if you have 200+ you need to get rid of

No, you don't have to delete each individually. The function to delete multiple emails/messages en mass has been present since the launch of the Z10...

• In your Hub screen, touch the lower right three dots overflow icon.
  • Touch SELECT MORE
  • In the messages list, touch as many messages as you desire, each will highlight and turn blue.
  • You can scroll up or down to select more.
  • Touch the lower right TRASHCAN icon to delete then.
  • Bam, gone.

2. This latest update. I have tried about 6 time now without success.

You 've posted other places about that, we'll deal with it your other thread so as to not clutter up this other user's threads with issues not relevant to his original post.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

More Gripes:

1. The staff in the shops selling the models or over the phone support cannot help or seem clueless

2. The above direct you to blackberry for support but there seems to be no way of contacting blackberry at all, just masses of forums and self help subjects

If you need direct support from BlackBerry, call your mobile provider. Don't go in a store. Call the tech support hotline. They telephone staff are trained in tech support, the instore staff are trained to sell.

Any issue with which your mobile provider tech support cannot resolve, you can ask to have escalated UP to BlackBerry Tech Support. Ask for that. You are paying EE for this tech support, use it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

I have wasted numerous hours on these issues when maybe they could sort them out quickly

Your main problem is not resolved, you just had to ask how to delete multiple messages.

Smile, your day is looking up now!

Knowledge Base Updates