Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Numerous BlackBerry Z10 Issues

shrinkpolymersystems wrote:

I understand what your saying of course, I am a businessman. But what you (if you are blackberry employed) needs to understand, that I am the customer and I have a choice and at the moment my perception of blackberry is getting lower due to:

1. Poor advise from your chosen parter EE

2. A problem downloading the update

3. You have brought a new phone in the Z10 to market with a feature that I would view as essential missing that is available on cheap curve models

If my point is not clear enough for you that I feel let down by blackberry and ee, then there is not much point in any further comment

well you are an EE customer. You pay them every month.

EE is a BlackBerry customer, they pay BlackBerry (among other things to provide level2 support)

You do not pay any money to BlackBerry, do you?

If you feel let down by BlackBerry, then you did not understand the messages that JSanders wrote earlier.

If you feel let down by EE, then quit them and go to another mobile phone carrier.

There are rules for handling the support, the best way to get the best support ever is to comply with them. You can wish for something else, of course, but this won't lead you to anything.

Now about the issue you have raised (not able to easily select several adjacent messages in a list)

1) I agree with you, I was very disappointed when I realized this feature is available on OS4 devices (for example the BlackBerry Storm 9500) but not on BlackBerry 10. I also have several dozens of emails to delete every morning, and doing that on my Z10 is much slower than on my 8900.

The best I can advise you is to do a search in the hub that will fetch a big number of such emails, and use the "delete prior" feature.

I have the chance that all of those emails are easily selectable through a single search.

2) if you want that feature back, I advise you to contact EE and tell them. Once enough people like you do the same, EE will contact BlackBerry and tell them many users want that feature back. And once several carriers do the same, BlackBerry will at some point look at that feature, and decide is they want to implement it on BlackBerry 10.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: tata docomo

I to have the same problem wat do you suggest me to do?
Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

aditya57435, which issue? Could you be specific... happy to help out if we can.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: claro

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've been having camera issues since i bought the phone 4 months ago, no one has helped me yet. Yesterday i tried to update my phone thorugh bb link to version 10.1.0.273 i think it was and i did, after that i chequed my phone and it says it still is 10.0.1.85 so i dont know that happened there, did security wipe many times already and still the same issue. regreting my phone.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE on the UK 4G Network

cheleao, I have been trying to update the software now for weeks on end. I have given up to be honest and looking forward to my contract running out so I can swap to a different phone. The advice has been to back up and re-set the phone. I cant be bothered to set aside the time

I would recommend following the instructions here:

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

I thought I would never give up on Rim but the time is drawing near.  The Z10 is a fantastic phone and I much prefer the look and feel over any of the Apple's or Samsung devices.  That said, the technical nightmare of getting to a stable phone is just overwhelming in both frustration and time.  Major issues todate which much is blame on just being the bleeding edge of Rim's new platform.  I am an AT&T customer.

1.  wait to get rel 10 so Outlook way sync plus all the other multiple buggy issues with the Z10 of which some are still to be fixed.

2.  Just when I get the Z10 working fine, it goes dead and has to be replaced last week.

3.  New one won't talk with Blackberry Link so reinstall of Link fixed that but can't get any back ups to work no matter the various settings.

4.  3 days ago browser won't connect to internet though if you click on a link in an email you get on the Internet with no problem

5.  Today AT&T tried to fixed browser and said I need to reset the device.  They tried, would not work so they replaced the Z10. 

6.  Now on 3rd Z10 and so far everything is working fine except still can not back up.

One more issue and I will have to abandon ship and most like join the rest of the family in the Apple Orchard.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

New Contributor

i bought my blackberry z10 on 18 th june 2013 the very next day the phone hangs and doesn't turn on i took it to the service centre and he told it was just a software problem and just reloaded the software and gave it back, again the very next day the phone hangs again and again, i took it back to him again, he told me that phone constantly hangs because im not using a microsim, then i changed my sim to a microsim , and the problem continued, i took it back to him, this time he told me he ll replace the phone and it ll take 8-10 working days, which took him 16 days to replace , in this 16 days i dint even get a stand by phone, and worst part is he gave me the same phone back , and again the phone keeps hanging, heats up doesn't show contacts in the phone book, i take it back to him again , he says the same thing it ll take 8-10 working days , and this time also i wasn't provided with a stand by phone, he took 12 days to replace,and the sad part is he gave me the same phone back..... AND the phone is back to its old problems.

i bought the phone 60 days back and i had the phone for only 8 days 

I went back to the service centre the next day again the he tells me the same old story, he took the phone agian and 8-10 days and still dint give me stand by phone 

i just paid 42 thousand bucks for a worthless **bleep** !!

I'm fom hyderabad (INDIA)

service centre : REDINGTON SERVICES (HYDERABAD)

I VISITED THIS REDINGTON SERVICE CETRE NEARLY 16 TIMES TO GIVE AND COLLECT MY PHONE

IT IS 12 KMS AWAY FROM MY PLACE

IF gives me the same phone again . I HAVE DECIDED TO GO TO THE CONSUMER COURT

New Contributor

does your phone work properly now because i to have the same problem?

aditya57435, Redington has horrible customer service and that is known. They give BlackBerry a bad name in India.

Knowledge Base Updates