Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

You're right- that's no solution. I discovered the same thing. 5 of the 6 accounts i lost a months worth of email from are not gmail.

I was able to speak with Blackberry after jumping through the hoops with my provider: (have you restarted blah blah). The tech i spoke w/ at Blackberry was stumped but seemed genuinely interested in solving my issue. I have a case number with BB and a phone number to call that particular team (?)... but no resolution yet.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks - I have been able to retrieve my emails from my server (just time consuming and annoying).  The last time this happened it has now removed ALL emails from my phone but not from my server.  I am not sure about Blackberry having a ticketing system.  This is the first spot I found when I search the internet.  I will have to dig. 

Trusted Contributor

good for you that it didn't remove the mail from your server...sucks that THAT passes for lucky Smiley Wink

i wonder how widespread this issue is-

This seems to be one of very few places where people are having or at least reporting this issue and i wonder if it were more widely known would that light a fire to get it resolved quicker... i mean if it were reported on Bloomberg, Reuters, CNBC etc...

I'd bet it's a software issue, based on the same issue happening on Q10 & Z10's.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

There are (unfortuately) a couple of threads on Crackberry forums also:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/help-my-email-phone-logs-gone-799596/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/z10-automatically-deleted-emails-774335/

The latter link is interesting because the person it happened to also is the admin for the mail server, and had some more insight into what signals the BlackBerry is sending, that is prompting this issue.

Either way, it seems to be happening too often for it to be an end user issue.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Hi, 

As I mentioned this happened twice before I got a new handset.  The emails and text emssages completely vanished. from the server. So All my work emails that had not been opened yet in Outlook were gone. 

Both times it seems to have happened when the battery died on me and then recharged. 

I am scared stiff this may happen again, I am trying to work out a way to avoid this. 

If it does happen again, I do not think I will have a choice but to ditch BB. So I think this is of utmost importance for BB to correct this with a softward update. 

Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

This has happened to me too.

All my call logs, text messages and emails gone.

Since the 6 email accounts are IMAP, and only one is Gmail, all is lost.

Any resolution to this problem that has occurred often it seems.

Lots of similar problems listed on Crackberry etc.

Trusted Contributor

Ugh.When i spoke w/ blackberry tech support they had me send a log file which ultimately revealed nothing helpful.

Has anyone been involved w/ BB tech support to the point where they requested a log file? If so, was there anything in the log file that got anyone closer to a cause/resolution?

If anyone reading this has experienced the same problem I implore you to sign up for an account on this forum and post it...if enough people have the issue and speak up about it it's more likely we'll get some satisfaction, even if we can't get a G***(@(*@ months worth of email back.

OR if you have a resolution we'd love to hear it!

I'm pissed that i can't trust my blackberry.

does anyone from Blackberry monitor this board?

Contributor
My Carrier: o2

It has happened again, Everything up to midnight last night GONE! 

What the hell is happening here. Why have Blackberry not addressed this problem, where is the urgent update. 

I need to ditch my blackberry. Is there an alternative? Pretty scared of no kepboard Iphone. 

The question is, can anyone point to a specific incident that happened befoe the deltion occured. Everything up to midnight last night is gone, but I only noticed it after a deleted a notifcation in the morning from SKype of an update. 

Are these related or did I only notice it then, does anyone else have any clues? 

Contributor
My Carrier: Etisalat

The only thing in common with my wipe, is it happened just after midnight, while it was charging in Night Mode.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Mine happened about 11:20 am, sitting in a desk not plugged into anything.