Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

cr1pps wrote:
The last time I had messages deleted, it was at the same time as my hub regenerated.

As for rat-7 question about checking online, it deletes messages from online servers and doesn't even move them to trash... It obliterates them Smiley Sad

I am really sorry to hear that, but it was worth checking just in case

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: Fido

I was able to correct the problem, It was my old backup info that had sideloaded android apps. Once I got a new phone from my service provider I reloaded and restored my data and it happened again. Then I decided to security wipe and start all over again. Its a pain in the **bleep** to create all my contacts again but no issues now.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Hey luisorevueltam5152, (and everyone having to call your provider) your best bet is to get to BB is to call your provider, don't bother explaining in great detail your issue to the first person you talk to, they don't care and will just ask you to do things you've already done. Right off the bat ask to speak to level 2 tech support, tell 'em you've already spoken w/ level 1. if you luck up you'll get someone who listens & doesn't ask you to reboot your BB and if you get someone good on level 2 they'll patch you through to BB where you'll get a BB case number/phone # etc. good luck. (ps i hear you re: photos, browser + maps better on other devices...fingers crossed bb comes through w/ that too)

Trusted Contributor

ahsanmahmood89 how long has it been since you reloaded?
how do you know it won't happen again??
have you been able to consistently recreate the problem?
what sideloaded program do you think caused it?
Have people without side loaded problems had the issue?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

My phone is standard, never side loaded and I've had the issue 3 times.
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10 and 9900 and Porsche Design 990
My Carrier: At&T

Thank you misterblank, I will try, Steve any other suggestions to get to the correct person that can help?? Also Steve as a moderator are you with Blackberry or a third party company that moderates for BB? Many thanks to all Luis
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Exactly the same has happened to me a few hours ago on a Z10. The device was not being used at the time (no side loaded apps etc.) and only blank spaces (indicating messages used to be present) and Facebook messages remained in the hub.

I restarted the device and now the blank spaces have gone.

The sync has resulted in all emails being deleted from my email server (not happy!!) I had not used delete all prior messages.

New Contributor

Hi Martin

I have just had exactly the same problem as a number of users are reporting here, but on a Z10 (I am until now very happy with this device).  Your message makes perfect sense re what has happened to me, as I have lost all saved texts and emails from phone....

AND last 30 days of emails from my online email accounts for all accounts. I desperately need these emails back. Please can you advise what I should do? They are not in deleted folders or anything.

The device was not being used at the time, no side loaded apps etc. Initially and only blank spaces and Facebook messages remained in the hub. I restarted the device and now the blank spaces have gone.

Thanks

Marc

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

MarcC1 wrote:

Hi Martin

I have just had exactly the same problem as a number of users are reporting here, but on a Z10 (I am until now very happy with this device).  Your message makes perfect sense re what has happened to me, as I have lost all saved texts and emails from phone....

AND last 30 days of emails from my online email accounts for all accounts. I desperately need these emails back. Please can you advise what I should do? They are not in deleted folders or anything.

The device was not being used at the time, no side loaded apps etc. Initially and only blank spaces and Facebook messages remained in the hub. I restarted the device and now the blank spaces have gone.

Thanks

Marc

The only advise that I have for all of you is to contact your cell phone provider and ask to be transfered to the BlackBerry support, BlackBerry is not doing direct customer support but it does customer support through the cell phone providers

BTW the more people that do contact their cell phone providers with this problem the more information BlackBerry can gather about the problem and the faster it will be fixed

I hope this problem is fixed as soon as possible for everyone's sake

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Thanks Martin. Cell phone provider lines closed now, so will try tomorrow.