Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

How did this happen?

Was it accidently deleted?

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Device: Q10.1
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi All;

I joined this thread approx on page 10 and since then I kept on following it,

Up until now, no one had the slightest idea on how to prevent this issue...

It already happened to me a 2nd time since then, but I didn't even bother to post it again,

My point is, that I believe that this issue happened to many more people. However, not everyone is posting their issues...

A lot of people don't even know about 'posting issues on BlackBerry forums'

Therefore, to those who say that it is happening to a real small fraction of Q10 users, I disagree with them... this is a major glitch which must be addressed by BlackBerry!

To those here who try to defend BlackBerry for not acknowledging the issue, I would say that you are doing the right thing as a loyal BlackBerry user. However, I do believe that if BlackBerry really believes that it is not their issue, they should come out and say it loud, it is just not ethical from their end to officially stay silent... by staying silent it shows that either they are still unsure if it is their issue or that they know that it is their fault and are afraid to admit...

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860, Bold 9900, Z10, Z30
My Carrier: e-Plus

Perhaps it's not BlackBerry 10, but an app which is running amok? I have none of that issues, and i have only some apps running with less rights.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange

I have similar issue: I've turned off my Q10 and then turned it on again. All my emails from the last 30-days where moved to "Deleted" folder at the Office365 server, both received and sent.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

FrankSiedler- it happened to me with no 'apps' installed other than what came on the BB from Verizon.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

rwasko, hope you were able to recover your email.

Did you send the log files to Blackberry or start a case?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

misterblank: I haven't reported this yet to BB. I've updated to OS 10.1.0.4181 and repeated the turn off/on test again. This time everything has gone fine: no deleted messages. We will see what happens...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

It just happened to me as well, and now I might be risking jail time because I can no longer proved that I applied for jobs because it was all erased

And I can not even let BlackBerry know that the problem happened because there is no way to contact BlackBerry and the cellular phone company does not support either hardware or software, we are told to contact the maker directly but there is no direct contact to BlackBerry

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Welcome to our world Smiley Sad Sorry to hear you've joined the club.
Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rat-7 wrote:
And I can not even let BlackBerry know that the problem happened because there is no way to contact BlackBerry and the cellular phone company does not support either hardware or software, we are told to contact the maker directly but there is no direct contact to BlackBerry

Martin, you know that is not true, we've discussed it with you many times.

You need to remind Rogers who is the customer, that you have paid for this technical support and escalation of issues to BlackBerry.

AND, if they tell you only "contact BlackBerry directly", then your response would be "give me the phone number and stay on the line while you instruct the BlackBerry representative who answers of the help I need."

We don't need to go over and over how that is possible. If you Rogers run over you, that is not BlackBerry's fault.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code