Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Q10 SQN100-3
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

Yes, Mr B

At the very least, I shall know in future to back up before allowing any update!

Thank you.

JTK

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello All! I am just curious. I had the same problem you are all having so I went back to my old BB Bold. Why are you using this phone if it keeps deleting vital info? Are you still using BB because you like the keyboard or is it some other reason? Just wondering.....

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

justbstill wrote:

Hello All! I am just curious. I had the same problem you are all having so I went back to my old BB Bold. Why are you using this phone if it keeps deleting vital info? Are you still using BB because you like the keyboard or is it some other reason? Just wondering.....

I have a Z10, so no keyboard, and reverting to my Bold would cost me money that I do not have

I am still using it because it is simply the best smartphone around, I have look at other phones at not a single one was even appealing to me

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

justbstill-

I'm using mine because i can't afford to purchase another phone.

I left BB because the quality in their devices had declined significantly but then with the Z10, I came back to BB because of their overall reputation- as a tech and a BB user from long ago- they were rock solid devices and service.

But now everyday I wish my old HTC Thunderbolt would power up-- I'd ebay this POS BB and spend more time enjoying life instead of posting things here.

I have no loyalty to any brand- they're all tools for a job and at the end of the day they all do the same thing*.

*actually the one thing that sets Blackberry apart is it deletes emails without being prompted.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I fixed this problem in Outlook. Go to Tools, Account Settings - select your email account and doouble click, go to More Settings, Advanced and tick the box to leave a copy of the message on the server. You can then select the time period to leave it on the server. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks aml1003 but that's not the fix for this problem. Trust me.
Contributor
My Device: Q10.1

Hi Eml1003,

That setting is an important thing for somebody who is using POP3 in outlook, for several reasons (not the place here to specify). However, it has no connection with our issue...

I have that box always checked and keeping copies on server and still encountered this BlackBerry email issue. 

But we appreciate your post regardless. Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Q10.1

Post was directed to Aml1003 (not Eml1003). Sorry
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Misterblank, that HTC Thunderbolt working good for you? Keeps email for you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

It did everything the bb does with the exception of permanently deleting my email. I used and abused it for over 3 years but now it's as useful as your off topic question- it won't boot.

Don't get distracted with that though, you gotta stay focused- has Mr. Chen gotten back to you yet?