Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

[ Edited ]

NICE stragegy MattyMels haha!

Have they had anything helpful to add?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Posts got traction, but techs have been relentless in asking that I raise the issue with my carrier.  No offense, but Verizon Wireless couldnt give a flying frankfurter that my blackberry has issues with system software and they have appropriately asked me to take it up with Blackberry, as the issue does not lie with them.  

Everyone's just pointing fingers at this point.  However, blasting BB via social media definitely is getting a response; its just a test of endurance to see if you're willing to battle back and forth with half-witted tech support/social media analysts fielding tweets, etc.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm on VZ too.

No offense taken here- I heard all you have to do to become a Verizon tech is find your way to the office.

I did have to go through them first before I could get in touch with Blackberry- they're like the gatekeepers to weed out the numbskull questions by users too lazy to search on the internet for a solution.

i lucked out as the VZ tech I spoke with didn't know the difference in 'BIS' and 'BES' so it didn't take very long to break through their wall of stupidity, and up against the Blackberry wall of "we designed the whole system, soup to nuts but we don't know what the problem is you guinea pig".  But now it's been 2 or 3 months, i've lost count, Blackberry has "archived" my case as it hasn't happened again. They've been as nice as any Canadiens i've ever spoken with but no help.

Anybody selling an iphone 5 on the cheap PM me.

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: att

I went through at&t customer service who tried some things and then got blackberry support on the phone. Blackberry support said nothing they could do and hung up.

They just hung up. Even the at&t support guy was shocked. 

Bottom line is they have made many mistakes over the past few years and they continue to make them now. Yes the z10 has some cool features, but their issues are just stupid problems for a phone to have - the entire contact system is crazy. one day I will find 4 of the same contact and another day I will have trouble finding a contact at all unless I find a text message from a month ago they wrote me and reply to that. 

one day my notifications wont make any sounds another day I will update a gps program to find it has disaapeared. 

for some reason I can edit a picture I just took so it can have weird colors but I can't rename it unless I go into the file system. That's awesome considering all I want to do is quickly send my wife a pic of my kid on the swings with a cute name but at least I have the ability to send it in sepia.

Most people complain that blackberry sucks because they dont have apps, I think they suck because they can't get what they have right. 

I now know only 3 people with a blackberry and no longer argue with everyone else to come back. The company is done, we all really know it. 

Trusted Contributor

elansokol that sucks. I bet you could resolve it by updating the OS or wiping & re-installing- which is TOTALLY not the point you are making.

No one should have to re-install the OS or even post on this board for issues like this.

BB should step up and resolve the issues.

I'm afraid you're right about them being done.

As an admin I can't in good faith recommend BB's based solely on my recent experience. it's a shame.

Blackberry? Mr. Heins? is anyone going to help?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hung up?  HUNG UP???  Holy bananas...

I'm starting to think that this is how it's going to be.  A slow, painful, agonizing demise of what I once thought was one of the best products on earth.  I'm staring at my Q10 as it sits in its usual spot next to my keyboard with a disappointed look on my face, like a father who just found his son was expelled from school.  On a positive note, Apple is releasing a gold iphone this sept. I'll have to do it quietly, but I think after reading all of this I'm ready to take the plunge and hand over my BlackBerry for good (I'm literally one of 3 remaining people I know who have one).  Never thought I'd see the day...so depressing

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

elansokol wrote:

I went through at&t customer service who tried some things and then got blackberry support on the phone. Blackberry support said nothing they could do and hung up.

They just hung up. Even the at&t support guy was shocked. 

You were given an incident number and direct phone support number. Call them back. I wouldn't be giving up on this.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

dearsina- yea gmail is sadly the only account many of us found recoverable.

Blackberry does have a ticketing system. My ticket is so old it's been archived out.  But they were absolutely no help and appeared clueless to this issue anyways.

Through several email correspondences with them I sent a link to this thread and on a couple of occasions they said they viewed it but obviously haven't taken ownership of this flaw. I wanted them to see that I wasn't alone, I didn't select "delete all" on my hub and in fact this is a legitimate flaw.

They said they couldn't do anything without the log files.

I successfully sent the log files from my device and there was nothing helpful in them. Big surprise there.

The only thing you can do, to my knowledge, is call your provider, listen to the lip service from the initial tier of support, (restarted your device? readded your account?), then they'll send you to next level support for more of the same, (reloaded your OS? updated to latest OS?), after you jump through their hoops THEY will send you to Blackberry. Blackberry will (in my experience), generate a case number, act like they're interested in resolving the issue then leave you to fend for yourself like a chump.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I dont understand why BB hasnt tried to replicate this problem in house. They could take 10 phones and most likely one of them would end up with the same problem, then they could do the research themselves and try to fix it. Has anyone suggested that?

Trusted Contributor

I did.

Logically it seems like after they confirmed we didn't select "delete all", then realizing we mean it removed emails permantly from a server that'd be the first thing to try.

If this deleting happens to the right person this sounds like a major law suit.  FINRA would probably have something to say regarding a month + of missing emails in a compliance situation...