Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

OS 10.2 Upgrade issue?

Yesterday updated to OS10.2 and having an issue with the Phone, Search and Camera shortcuts disappearing from the bottom tray on all pages of the phone.  The shrotcuts will only reappear when there are apps open in the Active Frames page and then only on the Active Frames page.  As soon as all apps are closed, I no longer have the shortcuts.  If I restart the phone I do get them back, but then they disappear shortly after.  I'm not sure but they may be disappearing after visiting the Hub.  Please don't tell me I have to re-install the OS!  That takes so **bleep** long.  Any others encountering this issue, or have a solution?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: OS 10.2 Upgrade issue On Q10

[ Edited ]

Yea, this sh** fu**in pis**s me off right now! ( hope you see my rage through the use of all theses swearwords)
I tought the Update will bring new features on my BBQ10 , like "Usb to Go" and "lock screen notifications"
Instead of this ( both doesn't work !) the update ruined my seeking behavior by dissabeling the "web search providers"
That are some big steps backwards, and not one forward.
the whole update looks realy buggy to me , for example here a screen shoot from the German Blackberry Hup Help, which opens after the update to explain the new featurs 
there is now way to scrol down ( The sentens is cut off) and read the whol text

the touch sensitivity bug, whic is definitely a software bug , no hardware, ( there was a post earlier Q10 screen sensitivity ) is still the same, nothing was fixet here
Really like my Q10 but what's going on here, at software side , is **bleep** 

So i join whit Op , the search provider thing is a major feature for me too!
I would be pleased if anyone out there got an solution , at least vor this search thing!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: FIDO

Re: OS 10.2 Upgrade issue?

Same problem like mwineBB has, both the phone and camera short cut gone after a while. It will still show up on the active page, but both don't work. Need to reboot to have the icon back but will disappear soon after answer a phone call. Any suggestion?
Edward
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Free Mobile (in France)

[ Edited ]

I live in France, and i have exactly the same problem with my Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 just upgraded to 10.2.0.424 !
I can precise that the problem occurs when you enter a folder created with several icons applications on the desktop icons.
I have made a full security wipe followed by restoration of full backup via blackberry link and the problem is still here !

Please, Do someone have found a solution since the problem occurred immediately after the update of the OS ?

There is a post with users with this problem in France  on http://www.blackberry-france.com

http://www.blackberry-france.com/forum/blackberry-10-f76/retour-sur-le-10-2-t49497-10.html

Upgraded OS to 10.2.0.429. Now my Z10 overheats, battery drains in 30 minutes, text messaging freezes, phone dial pad hangs, i have lost most all my personal contacts and those that are left are out of sync with other apps (phone, text, LinkedIn, etc.).

Have to say, very disappointed. Know several others with similar issues. Seems as though insufficient testing/QA was conducted on this release...
Contributor

this update, which must be now about a month old for me seemed to have solved some issues, including the one in my original note in this thread. so far so good.  A wipe/restore to factory settings and back-up install would likely solve your issue, although we all know what a chore that is.  Best of luck!