Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

OS 10.2 now WhatsApp notifications lost

Hi, I recently upgraded to OS 10.2.0.424 on my Q10 and for no reason all notifications of new messages for WhatsApp have stopped working in the Hub or front-screen. No sound or vibrations are produced either. I have tried removing then re-installing WhatsApp a number of times but it still doesn't work like it used to on the previous version of the OS. I have also checked all appropriate settings re what is to be included in the notifications/Hub section.

Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: singtel

Re: OS 10.2 now WhatsApp notifications lost

have u try to restart your phone?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Most have deleted Whatsapp and moved to BBM since it is now available on iPhone and Android devices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i have tried all variations of re-starting the phone, re-loading whatsapp etc and still it doesn't work.

Any other ideas please?

New Contributor

John, i really hope that BB wouldn't intentionally put a bug in the new OS so that WhatsApp now fails and we're forced to use BBM?!

Make BBM easier to add people like you can on WhatsApp then maybe more people will use it.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I doubt they would intentionally put in a bug. Whatsapp didn't always have Hub notifications. That was added not too long ago, so they could always remove it if they wanted to.

As for BBM, yes it can be a bit tedious to get contacts added but once you do BBM really FAR exceeds anything Whatsapp can do. Also, security at Whatsapp is, shall we say, lacking. I deleted Whatsapp after BBM went cross platform.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

aa801b >>>>> do security wipe Smiley Happy that's what I do after many ways doesn't works
But security wipe it's works yay!
New Contributor

Just like magic BB has now produced an update to 10.2.0.424 and replaced with 10.2.0.429 which has fixed the WhatsApp issue.

Thank you BB!

Regular Contributor

Vodafone has 10.2.0.1804 now